Compare FLL Hotels

cruisetilidrop

7 hours ago, cruisetilidrop said:

I am trying to decide between the Renaissance Hotel and Embassy Suites on 17th St. If you have stayed in both or have an opinion about one or the other, please respond.

Thank you

We've stayed at the Renaissance a few times, including last November, and have it booked for two more trips. We've tended to find our previous "go-to" hotel, the Hyatt Place, too cramped and confining in the lobby area with poor breakfast options. The Renaissance is a large, very nice hotel, literally within walking distance of Terminal 2, also offers a shuttle service at extra cost to any of the piers at PE and is near enough to all the local shopping and restaurants.  Can't help with the Embassy Suites, but there are more than enough negative reviews here on CC to ensure we won't be staying there any time soon.

We stayed at the Renaissance again in February 2022 & had a good stay.  It is clean, close to the port & has good staff.  We have it booked again for next January.

We have also stayed at Embassy Suites but found it old & dreary.  Only bonus was that we were given a rom with a balcony.

2 hours ago, lx200gps said:

We've stayed at the Renaissance a few times, including last November, and have it booked for two more trips. We've tended to find our previous "go-to" hotel, the Hyatt Place, too cramped and confining in the lobby area with poor breakfast options. The Renaissance is a large, very nice hotel, literally within walking distance of Terminal 2, also offers a shuttle service at extra cost to any of the piers at PE and is near enough to all the local shopping and restaurants.  Can't help with the Embassy Suites, but there are more than enough negative reviews here on CC to ensure we won't be staying there any time soon.

Thank you, we have stayed at the Hilton Marina but price has gotten too hign for this trip.

58 minutes ago, jmlh said:

We stayed at the Renaissance again in February 2022 & had a good stay.  It is clean, close to the port & has good staff.  We have it booked again for next January.

We have also stayed at Embassy Suites but found it old & dreary.  Only bonus was that we were given a rom with a balcony.

Thank you, we have stayed at the Hilton Marina but price has gotten too hign for this trip.

8 hours ago, oakridger said:

Many comments on this forum about the Embassy Suites.  I was there in 2016 and it was shabby.  I haven't heard that there have been any remodels since.  

Than you for this input. Thanks, seems the Embassy Suites are a NO!.

Well, somebody has to be the contrarian here with reference to the Embassy Suites. I will freely concede that the rooms could stand some “updating “, but the beds are very comfortable and we enjoy having the balcony with access to some fresh air. The included breakfast has just about everything one could want including made to order eggs. Have always enjoyed the evening happy hour and it’s a nice way to meet fellow cruisers. 

1 hour ago, jimmy2x said:

Well, somebody has to be the contrarian here with reference to the Embassy Suites. I will freely concede that the rooms could stand some “updating “, but the beds are very comfortable and we enjoy having the balcony with access to some fresh air. The included breakfast has just about everything one could want including made to order eggs. Have always enjoyed the evening happy hour and it’s a nice way to meet fellow cruisers. 

I have to agree with you.  Many hotels in FLL need updated.  We had a pleasant stay for two days although $350 a night was an insane price.