Elite Perk -- Laundry Question

Italy52

13 minutes ago, Ombud said:

I was on Discovery Princess and it was FREE free. No slot for those coins. Detergent, softener sheets on a shelf. My steward who had been on the Enchanted Princess said it was free there too. (I'm not on that ship for a few weeks so I can't vouch for it). If I can get breakfast delivered, start laundry, finish breakfast, & put clean laundry away .... all's good. I've had clothes damaged in their hot water (blue socks bleached beige / jean skirt with splotchy bleach stains)

Thanks for the information, I appreciate it.  We will be on the Discovery Princess in August.

19 hours ago, Italy52 said:

We just turned Elite on one of our cruises.  Looking at the perks I understand that we are entitled to complementary laundry service.  Would someone please explain to me how this perk works?  Do we stuff a bag full of laundry?  Are there limitations on how much laundry we can have done?  Thanks in advance for your help.

On our ship it was a paper bag and we rolled our stuff really tight to fit it all in.  Bag must've weighed 10 lbs! lol   

We also took photos of the receipts,  and once we reminded them to minus it from our folio (showed up on husb's folio and he's not Elite), all was fine.  We did it twice in 14 days and it came back in 2-3 days.  Our cabin steward reminded us the deadline to submit before the end of the cruise.  

Great perk - peace of mind from doing it ourselves, and using that time to enjoy being with friends onboard.  🙂

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, NavyCruiser said:

We're Platinum on Carnival, & love this perk.

But we're just Gold, going on Ruby, on our next Princess cruise, any slight chance for this perk...?

Do you mean you are going on Ruby Princess or ruby status?

On my last Majestic Princess cruise the machines used the 'coins' but they were in a basket above the laundry soap machine. 

3 hours ago, Italy52 said:

"...the newest ships have free laundry."  Which ships are those? 

Free laundry is an Elite benefit. There is no free laundry on any Princess ship. All Princess ships have a self service laundry on almost every passenger deck. Current cost is $3 wash, $3 dry plus detergent and dryer sheets if you did not bring your own. 

6 hours ago, skynight said:

Free laundry is an Elite benefit. There is no free laundry on any Princess ship. All Princess ships have a self service laundry on almost every passenger deck. Current cost is $3 wash, $3 dry plus detergent and dryer sheets if you did not bring your own. 

I repeat ... the washer and dryer machines on the Discovery Princess Emerald Deck do not have the token slots. There was a stack of 2 kinds of detergent boxes but onlyv1 kind of dryer sheets. So FREE free. For everyone. I know bc I used it. Maybe they will modify the machines in the future to take tokens but as of now they are free. And a load took less than 45 minutes. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Ombud said:

On my last Majestic Princess cruise the machines used the 'coins' but they were in a basket above the laundry soap machine. 

We just got off the Majestic and we had to use coins.  In fact, a lot of the coin dispensing machines were out of order and people had to call for service or go to guest services for coins --- we just went to other floors until we found the coins.  We brought our own soap so only had to buy coins for washer and dryer usage.

On my first Majestic cruise in October they just put out bins of coins, but not on my second one in February. I can also confirm that Discovery laundry is free, with no coin possibilities, which would have allowed me to have a very light duffel had I known ahead of time. I believe there were 4 each of washer and dryer in each room. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1