Warning if your about to cruise on Coral.

On 8/8/2022 at 5:48 PM, arxcards said:

..... I'm looking for an unbeatable deal so that we can add 22nd August as a B2B.

It is on sale, I just received and email. But I can't share from whom so you'll just need to go through your own TAs. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, CDaze71 said:

It is on sale, I just received and email. But I can't share from whom so you'll just need to go through your own TAs. 

Thanks.

Last minute, chopped-up itinerary. Yes, it is on sale, but not in my range of an unbeatable deal.

The minis in particular are great value at barely more than $200 per night pp with plus fare, but the insides are still around $150.

• 2 weeks later...

Here is a warning for future Coral passengers. Keep an eye on your room account!

We have had a couple of extras over the 2 cruises which guest services cannot even account for. They just remove straight away. I questioned if this a problem with the medallion system and was told they know there is a problem with it. Watching the way waiters identify you by proximity seems very easy to tap someone else's picture nearby. Not a fan.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

17 minutes ago, ozygav said:

Here is a warning for future Coral passengers. Keep an eye on your room account!

We have had a couple of extras over the 2 cruises which guest services cannot even account for. They just remove straight away. I questioned if this a problem with the medallion system and was told they know there is a problem with it. Watching the way waiters identify you by proximity seems very easy to tap someone else's picture nearby. Not a fan.

No different to pre-medallion days where the waiters would write down a folio number incorrectly. 

• Like 4

Something that is new is that your on board account isn't closed until you disembark the ship, so you continue to be at risk of wrong charges going onto your account right up until the bitter end 😧

When in one of the lounges where waiters were coming around for drinks orders, I would joke to Keith "look at all these people you're buying drinks for".

As stated above though, any wrong charges on your account are removed with no questions asked. Staff even removed a couple of coffee charges before giving us a printout of our account, I guess in anticipation, although we had in fact ordered and enjoyed the coffees 😀 

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Jean C said:

Something that is new is that your on board account isn't closed until you disembark the ship, so you continue to be at risk of wrong charges going onto your account right up until the bitter end 😧

That's not new. Even though they used to slip printouts under your door on the last night your account stayed open until you dinged off. Rolf drinks espressos and always had one or two with breakfast on the last morning of a cruise which were charged if we didn't have any coffee packages ones left.

However mostly people don't charge anything to their accounts on embarkation morning so naturally assume the account is closed overnight.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

That's not new. Even though they used to slip printouts under your door on the last night your account stayed open until you dinged off. Rolf drinks espressos and always had one or two with breakfast on the last morning of a cruise which were charged if we didn't have any coffee packages ones left.

However mostly people don't charge anything to their accounts on embarkation morning so naturally assume the account is closed overnight.

That’s cos Rolf stays up so late partying, he needs a zap to get him going in the mornings🥰

• Haha 3

48 minutes ago, arxcards said:

No problems or blips with charges. All our drinks have zeroed against the package instantly. We are loving the way it works, especially being able to order for both with only the one medallion.

We had a couple of instances when when both drinks were put on the one medallion one of the two was charged. Both times it was in the MDR. And on our first night, where we dined in Sabatinis, one drink that was ordered on its own was charged and the discounted price for a bottle was wrong.

• Like 1

On 8/10/2022 at 8:42 PM, arxcards said:

Thanks.

Last minute, chopped-up itinerary. Yes, it is on sale, but not in my range of an unbeatable deal.

The minis in particular are great value at barely more than $200 per night pp with plus fare, but the insides are still around $150.

It would be nice to get an email with red hot deals.

The problem could be that we already have six cruises booked.

They are already getting all of our spare $$$$

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

We had a couple of instances when when both drinks were put on the one medallion one of the two was charged. Both times it was in the MDR. And on our first night, where we dined in Sabatinis, one drink that was ordered on its own was charged and the discounted price for a bottle was wrong.

I am hoping they have just got better at it. Apart from the DOA medallion, it has been seamless.

10 hours ago, arxcards said:

I am hoping they have just got better at it. Apart from the DOA medallion, it has been seamless.

9 hours ago, Relaxing Robbies said:

I also think they are just getting better at it. We had no incorrect charges on our account last week, and there did not seem to be many people queued at guest services.

Yes, they'd only been operating here for ten days before we boarded so I imagine the crew were still getting used to the system. Hopefully we will have no issues when we join the ship again in another 12 days, apart from the crappy wine that is!

9 hours ago, Relaxing Robbies said:

I also think they are just getting better at it. We had no incorrect charges on our account last week, and there did not seem to be many people queued at guest services.

Yes that was a pleasant change to have barely anyone queued compared to other cruises. We rang them a couple of times and quickly sorted. I am sure they will iron out the bugs. It was great for booking excursions. I just had to smile at the thought of someone operating a business onland that just randomly charged customers like that.

Smooth disembarkation today.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Yes, they'd only been operating here for ten days before we boarded so I imagine the crew were still getting used to the system. Hopefully we will have no issues when we join the ship again in another 12 days, apart from the crappy wine that is!

Barb enjoyed a couple of glasses of the Cab Shiraz. She isn't a wine buff, but knows what she likes.

I reckon the medallion will be heaps better for you 2nd time around. Check-in is also getting better with every embarkation. Now that Brisbane are experts at it,  time for Sydney to have a crack. Our 2nd best embark ever, and the only better one was via a Royal Genie

5 hours ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Take some extra bottles of wine that you enjoy and pay the corkage fee. 

Your pocket will be better off, with not paying the Princess prices.

42 minutes ago, ekka49 said:

Take some extra bottles of wine that you enjoy and pay the corkage fee. 

Your pocket will be better off, with not paying the Princess prices.

We're booked with Princess Plus which is still good value for money even if we pay a bit extra by the glass for better wines with dinner, plus we get 25% discount on bottle prices which means some of those wines are cheaper than bringing a similar wine onboard and paying corkage. We usually have pre-dinner cocktails, and an after dinner cocktail or liqueur so definitely get our money's worth from the package. Besides we hate lugging bottles of wine around the ship.

• Like 2