Seattle Sea-Tac Airport Question

llarsen

Hi,

Can anyone who flew into Seattle for your Alaska cruise, tell me your experience with Seattle airport? 

Our travel companions have a 10:45am flight and plan to self-disembark.

But recently I saw in the news that Sea-Tac had lines the wrapped around and around.

Has anyone had any problem with it being overcrowded or catching flights in time?

Thanks!

This is discussed daily on the West Coast Departures board, because Seattle is not in Alaska. 

The earliest recommended flight at Seattle is 11:30. Some do 11am, but those tend to be locals and others that are familiar with the airport. I certainly wouldn't try 10:45.

I also wouldn't recommend booking a flight at a strange airport without knowing the logistics involved. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, llarsen said:

Hi,

Can anyone who flew into Seattle for your Alaska cruise, tell me your experience with Seattle airport? 

But recently I saw in the news that Sea-Tac had lines the wrapped around and around.

Has anyone had any problem with it being overcrowded or catching flights in time?

Thanks!

I personally would never even consider a flight at that time after a cruise in Seattle. My parents have a 12:30 flight and that makes me nervous (they are slow, do not have TSA-Pre...). My flight is at 2:55 and I know I will have some waiting time but I'd rather have that than be pushing it!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, llarsen said:

Hi,

Thanks!

Have them use the SEA Spot Saver to schedule an appointment for security if they do not have TSA Pre-Check. It will save lots of time. 

https://www.portseattle.org/SEAspotsaver

• Like 1

We frequently fly in and out of SeaTac. I would not cut the flight time that short.

There is not always a long line but there are several factors that you should take into account. The airport is large and depending on which gate is used, there could be a long walk. On days that ships come in, there are longer lines than usual, and of course traffic getting to the airport on Interstate 5 can be heavy. 
It is a very nice and clean airport, with many restaurants  and shops. Waiting there is better than the stress of rushing to make a flight. If they have lounge access, both the Delta lounge and Amex lounge are well worth it. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, diesel1973 said:

Flew thru Seattle once and never again. Had 45 min. layover but had to run to other terminal to catch flight which was already boarding.

I don’t think that has anything to do with SeaTac or a specific airport. That can happen at any airport and has more to do with the airline scheduling.

• Like 4

I have flown in and out of SEA several times.   Two weeks ago today was the worst time ever!  From the time the cruise ship bus dropped us off at the airport until we got through TSA was 2 hours 20 minutes.  It was a madhouse.  Unreal.   The locals were saying they had never seen it so bad. We had a 12:50pm flight.  We were at the airport before 9:30am and we had less than 30 minutes between the time we got to our gate and the time we were on the plane!  I posted pics in my review (in my signature below) and several people replied and stated they had the same issues. 

Seattle has been advising non-Pre-Check holders to arrive at least two hours before your flight for quite a while.... I wouldn't plan on less than three hours port to planned departure time.

TSA Pre-Check waits are considerably less.

• Like 1

On 7/8/2022 at 9:32 PM, llarsen said:

Hi,

Thanks!

Hope you don't mind if I use your post. For those using pier 66 if you self disembark roughly what time do you clear customs and are there many taxis waiting. How much time to get to airport on a Monday as not sure how many military troops may be flying out at the same time. Currently have a 11:25 AM flight and port valet isn't an option, too early. 

12 hours ago, JTBCruiser said:

Hope you don't mind if I use your post. For those using pier 66 if you self disembark roughly what time do you clear customs and are there many taxis waiting. How much time to get to airport on a Monday as not sure how many military troops may be flying out at the same time. Currently have a 11:25 AM flight and port valet isn't an option, too early. 

As mentioned here, 11am is doable if you carry your bags off at the earliest  moment,  and grab a cab. There will be cabs there.

• Like 1

remember that pier 66 is in the downtown hotel zone so ANY cab should be $40 to SEatac.   Most cabs have the pricing outside on the door so look for those that do.  There are unmetered cabs-that charge a flat rate- so be sure of the price before getting in.