EMED and NAVICA

teacherman

I found after taking about 6 tests that it really doesn't matter which site you choose they both take you to the same place.    I find the eMed site easiest to navigate if using a PC and once you log in it also prompts you log into Navica if you want your results on your phone.  

From the App (at least on iPhone) if you go to Navica and choose the monitored test  - bottom button says Test with eMed

1 hour ago, JFO23 said:

How far in advance can you make an appointment on the on point testing site?

I have an email into them and hopefully they will answer quickly. I was on chat, but it was a long queue so they recommended sending an email. From what I understand you have to pay before booking an appointment so I also question how long before do you need to book and do they guarantee you will get the day/time you want. 

1 hour ago, Jim_Iain said:

One precaution is that many of the tests from the U.S. Government have short expiration dates.   The last batch of iHealth ones I received have a 8/7/22 use by date.   I don't know if they have an extension like Abbott's tests.

I just googled and they have a 3 month extension from shelf life date.

This was my original reason for wanting to see if I can use these tests. We sail July 29 and wanted to get 3 used before expiration……..guess we now have longer to use them!

Someone on a future roll call was trying to test with one-point in the last couple of days.  Gave up after waiting over an hour.  Same issue with the chat.   They were challenging the charge with their credit card as they couldn't get support.   I wonder if they are overrun being the cheapest option using the free government tests?

Hey Gang:   Leaving day after tomorrow.  Went to log in to my emed account and no go.  Tried resetting password but no go.  the password email was never sent.   Called them been on hold over an hour, still waiting.   These guys are not reliable at this point, and I would not recommend them now.   

Tried to set up new account with new email, but they have to send a confirmation code.  the code never came.  Waited over thirty minutes.  Still no code

Now I have to scramble to find a pharmacy that can do the test and get me the results before we leave.   Pharmacy test will be around $130 per test ON TOP of the damn emed tests we bought.   Traveling is a real PIA these days.

Again, I bought the test kits, and now don't have a way to use them.

Edited by slammer9876

On 7/10/2022 at 10:19 AM, Arizona Wildcat said:

Just wondering why so many are using eMed when you can use any approved test and a simple video call on Andriod or Apple.

For me, is that I had multiple great experiences with Emed, no problems, even with ships Wi-Fi  it was fine. Proctors have been great, no wait time. I’m sure other sites are good, I’m just a stick to what works type person. 

1 hour ago, slammer9876 said:

Hey Gang:   Leaving day after tomorrow.  Went to log in to my emed account and no go.  Tried resetting password but no go.  the password email was never sent.   Called them been on hold over an hour, still waiting.   These guys are not reliable at this point, and I would not recommend them now.   

Tried to set up new account with new email, but they have to send a confirmation code.  the code never came.  Waited over thirty minutes.  Still no code

Now I have to scramble to find a pharmacy that can do the test and get me the results before we leave.   Pharmacy test will be around $130 per test ON TOP of the damn emed tests we bought.   Traveling is a real PIA these days.

Again, I bought the test kits, and now don't have a way to use them.

Sorry to hear of your trouble.    I found it confusing on eMed site as there is a different E-Mail and Password for Navica and eMed.   If you sign on with your Navica logon you test QR code is sent there.

I tested with them 2 days ago.   Had a problem with one of the test showing inconclusive an had to redo using a new kit.    They did automatically send us a replacement by 2 day (weekday) FedEx deliver so wont receive until tomorrow.   Had both our reslts within 5 minutes of completion of test.

If you have any home self test there are a couple sites being talked about online that you can do a proctored test really inexpensive using a Zoom Conference Call.

On 7/10/2022 at 7:56 AM, TFree said:

I think everything said above is correct, except that I have read here on other threads that you can set up a single account to contain more than one family member.  We had already set up separate accounts before hearing of this, so I have never actually checked on that.  But if you are setting up an account now, you could look into that.

Tom & Judy

I created a Navica account and had the option to create another "profile" for my wife. Much easier to keep both in one place. 

2 hours ago, slammer9876 said:

At the risk of asking an obvious question, did you check your spam folder?