Another Covid Test question

dwtravels43

From NCL's Sail Safe page:

For all sailings before August 1st:

• All vaccinated guests, regardless of age, must provide proof of a negative COVID-19 antigen or NAAT test (i.e., PCR) taken within 2 days of the embarkation date for cruises originating in a U.S. or Canadian port and within 3 days of the embarkation date for cruises originating from a non-U.S./Canadian port.

I just received this email from NCL a few days ago, it explains the testing and vaccination rules for my upcoming cruise leaving from Port Canaveral in the US on August 13th.

1050082140_SailSafeTravelRequirements-1.thumb.jpg.83935a547cebbd98f32a791cc9b779b3.jpg961343335_SailSafeTravelRequirements-2.thumb.jpg.f43dd0f6d1f6f02542d4c263900ef036.jpg

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Trimone said:

At checkin at Athens I just showed them a text of the results of an British NHS test administered by myself, could have been anyone tested? Pink armband and yellow spot…

What is an NHS test?  

15 hours ago, Pat.D said:

I just received this email from NCL a few days ago, it explains the testing and vaccination rules for my upcoming cruise leaving from Port Canaveral in the US on August 13th.

1050082140_SailSafeTravelRequirements-1.thumb.jpg.83935a547cebbd98f32a791cc9b779b3.jpg961343335_SailSafeTravelRequirements-2.thumb.jpg.f43dd0f6d1f6f02542d4c263900ef036.jpg

I received this as well - it was very helpful outlining timing.  HOWEVER - I am VERY frustrated regarding parts of this.  Unfortunaley, my husband & I both had a mild case of covid in early June (even though we're both fully vaxed with 2 boosters) - their letter says those who have had covid within 90 days of sailing (we sail to Alaska mid August) - not do have to test.  We'd need to show proof of positive test within 90 days (got it) - AND a Dr note.  A Dr note????? Has NCL been in a Dr office lately?   Well, perhaps my Dr would accomodate.  So. . . . I got into a lengthy "chat" online with  an NCL rep asking if they could detail EXACTLY what the Dr note had to say.  If I'm going to bother asking my Dr for this -what EXACTLY does the not have to say.  He was absolutley no help!!!!! I don't want to risk bringing a "Dr note" - only to find we get turned away at the port.  NCL needs to outline what information the Dr note needs to include.  Has anyone else had any experience - or have more details.  Thanks!!

Lisa & Steve - Reno NV

5 hours ago, Trimone said:

At checkin at Athens I just showed them a text of the results of an British NHS test administered by myself, could have been anyone tested? Pink armband and yellow spot…

That's interesting. If I thought we'd get away with it I'd do that for our cruise out of Reykjavik in 10 days.

19 hours ago, dwtravels43 said:

If a PCR test is required will the NAAT ( i.e. PCR ) like they do at Walgreens suffice?

Recently used Walgreens...yes this is the test we used. Sailed out of Miami. No problem. Get results within 2 hours.

37 minutes ago, cassie55 said:

That's interesting. If I thought we'd get away with it I'd do that for our cruise out of Reykjavik in 10 days.

They couldn’t care less, bit worrying though 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

My family is sailing on Encore this Sunday and will be doing a PCR test on Friday morning before we fly to Seattle Friday evening. We already did a "practice run" of PCR tests yesterday and confirmed that we were all negative just so there should be no surprises if we hunker down at home this week.

When we arrive at the pier, what exactly do they require that we show as proof of negative test? Can we simply just show them the confirmation of negative test result from our health provider's mobile app or there is a specific certificate that we need to provide?

For those of you who got the Walgreens test, was this a self test at the drive up pharmacy window? My local CVS does the NAAT lab test at the drive up window. Says it takes 1 -2 days for results.

1 hour ago, gvgseg said:

My family is sailing on Encore this Sunday and will be doing a PCR test on Friday morning before we fly to Seattle Friday evening. We already did a "practice run" of PCR tests yesterday and confirmed that we were all negative just so there should be no surprises if we hunker down at home this week.

When we arrive at the pier, what exactly do they require that we show as proof of negative test? Can we simply just show them the confirmation of negative test result from our health provider's mobile app or there is a specific certificate that we need to provide?

Did this all last week and it's in my post about Bliss Haven boarding 16th July

I showed the certificate the testing company sent as a pdf using my phone

Also showed proof of vaccinations which I had printed and took with me

• Thanks 1

On 7/11/2022 at 9:59 AM, 1st-timer8322 said:

I received this as well - it was very helpful outlining timing.  HOWEVER - I am VERY frustrated regarding parts of this.  Unfortunaley, my husband & I both had a mild case of covid in early June (even though we're both fully vaxed with 2 boosters) - their letter says those who have had covid within 90 days of sailing (we sail to Alaska mid August) - not do have to test.  We'd need to show proof of positive test within 90 days (got it) - AND a Dr note.  A Dr note????? Has NCL been in a Dr office lately?   Well, perhaps my Dr would accomodate.  So. . . . I got into a lengthy "chat" online with  an NCL rep asking if they could detail EXACTLY what the Dr note had to say.  If I'm going to bother asking my Dr for this -what EXACTLY does the not have to say.  He was absolutley no help!!!!! I don't want to risk bringing a "Dr note" - only to find we get turned away at the port.  NCL needs to outline what information the Dr note needs to include.  Has anyone else had any experience - or have more details.  Thanks!!

Lisa & Steve - Reno NV

Instead of a doctor's note, try taking an at home antigen test, most likely you will come up negative on the antigen test.  We did this 2 weeks after having Covid and were negative.  If you test negative then get a home proctored test or lab administered test to have an official negative test printout.  Just make sure you do an antigen as the PCR can come up positive for a while.

Good luck!