Book a cruise on a cruise?

sherbear850

No way to know for sure.  Your will get some extra OBC by booking on board; but that may or may not be a better deal that what is currently available.  If you are looking for a refundable deposit fare, then just book the current fare since you can cancel it if the on board booking in August is a better deal.

Edited by NantahalaCruiser

11 minutes ago, sherbear850 said:

We are sailing to Alaska  in August and have our eye on a Pacific Coastal Cruise next April.  Is it worth it to wait and book on board or take advantage of the current sale? Thanks 

I have booked repeatedly on Celebrity and Royal while on a cruise.  I like the low deposit per person.  I normally have the cruise in mind before I meet with the planner.  They give you copies of your booking and at times they even are able to include other perks.  Check it out.

We just sailed on the Summit last month and inquired about the future cruise. The quote we got seemed high, so when we got into a port I checked the same cruise on a discount cruise site (Direct Line). We got a larger room (Aft balcony) than what was quoted for $700 less! Definitely do some homework if you have internet access. 

If your quoted a lower price by a TA then it's probably a group rate.   You can always book onboard to get the extra onboard booking OBC then transfer it to the TA who almost always can move it into the group where you get the benefit of the extra onboard OBC as well as the group rate.   The only down side is group bookings require full deposit so you will have to give the TA the extra deposit amount above the $100 pp onboard reduced deposit.

Here is the chart of the onboard booking OBC

image.thumb.png.27456174b13a2b2a1b9ca64a77c34250.png

25 minutes ago, wrk2cruise said:

If your quoted a lower price by a TA then it's probably a group rate.   You can always book onboard to get the extra onboard booking OBC then transfer it to the TA who almost always can move it into the group where you get the benefit of the extra onboard OBC as well as the group rate.   The only down side is group bookings require full deposit so you will have to give the TA the extra deposit amount above the $100 pp onboard reduced deposit.

Here is the chart of the onboard booking OBC

image.thumb.png.27456174b13a2b2a1b9ca64a77c34250.png

True.   But unless things changed very recently group rate bookings thru a TA are refundable up.to final payment date.

1 hour ago, Arizona Wildcat said:

True.   But unless things changed very recently group rate bookings thru a TA are refundable up.to final payment date.

Yes I guess that would be a good point.   Make sure to make a refundable booking onboard before transferring to the agent.    Probably a good idea to discuss with the TA prior to doing this anyway.

I was just trying to say you can combine the onboard booking reservation with TA group pricing if you know what you are doing.