Bottled water

I think it's because they're pretty tough on the luggage. If your water bottles were to bust, everyone's suitcases in the vicinity would be soaked.

That and I think they just don't want to handle cases of water.

Edited by LittleMissMagic
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, ddean52 said:

Why can’t I pack water in my luggage on embarkation day, rather than lugging in around on carry on for hours?😂

To try and put you off doing it? After all, Royal would much rather you paid for it on board.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Surfguyxxx said:

Years ago, I used to bring a case of water and put it in a duffel back with a rooms tag on it.  At the end of the cruise, I used the duffel bag for dirty laundry.  

I never thought of using a duffle bag - I used to just tape a luggage tag on it.

• Like 1

Three thoughts: 

- I agree that the cruise line wants to discourage us from bringing our own water, soda, etc. by insisting that we must carry it on ourselves.  Whatever we bring onboard, we aren't buying from them. 

- Also, they're short staffed, and removing a heavy item from our suitcases makes change-over day easier for the staff.  

- I agree that ship's water is just fine.  Bring a wide-mouthed water bottle and fill them with a couple cups of ice water from the buffet.

• Like 1

We are driving to the Enchantment this August and will probably bring a case of seltzer.  I don't mind schlepping it.

They usually don't carry seltzer - they do have club soda which has a ton of sodium in it which is a no-no on my diet.

Their water is fine but I find my legs and feet swell if I drink too much of it.  Again - sodium.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 7/11/2022 at 11:51 PM, ddean52 said:

Why can’t I pack water in my luggage on embarkation day, rather than lugging in around on carry on for hours?😂

Because they say it's for carry-on only.  

If you pack it in your luggage, it will show up on the scans, and your luggage will be diverted to the Security Room and not delivered to your room.  When your luggage still hasn't been delivered to your room by the first night, you'll be directed to go look for it at Security, where you'll have to open it up to show you aren't smuggling booze on board.  Then you'll have to lug it back to your room on your own... which kind of defeats the point of having it delivered to your room. 

So instead of having your luggage delivered to your room the first afternoon, you'll be lugging it there yourself late that night, and unpacking when you'd rather be going to a show or going to bed.