Actually making a Next Cruise booking?

Hi All

I'm actually a bit embarrassed to ask this as I've been cruising on Royal for many years but how do you actually make a booking having previously purchased a future Next Cruise certificate with the $200 deposit.

There is an entry in my booked cruises with a booking reference (I presume this is what I bought) but how do I apply this to booking a new cruise on the website. I am completely lost with this and google hasn't been my friend so there must be something very obvious that I am missing.

Many thanks

48 minutes ago, Tin can said:

Hi All

I'm actually a bit embarrassed to ask this as I've been cruising on Royal for many years but how do you actually make a booking having previously purchased a future Next Cruise certificate with the $200 deposit.

There is an entry in my booked cruises with a booking reference (I presume this is what I bought) but how do I apply this to booking a new cruise on the website. I am completely lost with this and google hasn't been my friend so there must be something very obvious that I am missing.

Many thanks

You can't, you have to call in with the reservation number associated with the NextCruise.

3 minutes ago, billslowsky said:

You can't, you have to call in with the reservation number associated with the NextCruise.

Thank you for the reply, it was something simple then that I was doing wrong then 😀

It would make sense to me to be able to book it on the website and then enter a code and its done but perhaps that's just me.

Thanks again

54 minutes ago, Tin can said:

It would make sense to me to be able to book it on the website and then enter a code and its done but perhaps that's just me.

What makes sense to you doesn't mesh with the reality of RCI IT.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Surfguyxxx said:

Give a call; but prepare to wait a bit to speak to someone.  

I'm hoping actually booking a cruise is a less stressful and quicker process on the phone than calling to price match.

35 minutes ago, Tin can said:

I'm hoping actually booking a cruise is a less stressful and quicker process on the phone than calling to price match.

We just booked ours with NextCruise last week.  It's stressful, the rep repeatedly told us that the website prices were often incorrect.  Sounded like a lot of baloney.

But with the rep on the line, they had us go right up to the point on the site where you had to enter payment info (not including the NextCruise)...  the price on the actual invoice was higher than what was being shown earlier.  "Why can't I have that price?"  "It's a known problem with the website, we can't honor it."

It wasn't a huge difference but we got take it or leave it.

10 minutes ago, billslowsky said:

We just booked ours with NextCruise last week.  It's stressful, the rep repeatedly told us that the website prices were often incorrect.  Sounded like a lot of baloney.

But with the rep on the line, they had us go right up to the point on the site where you had to enter payment info (not including the NextCruise)...  the price on the actual invoice was higher than what was being shown earlier.  "Why can't I have that price?"  "It's a known problem with the website, we can't honor it."

It wasn't a huge difference but we got take it or leave it.

I had exactly the same with my two price matches. They wouldn't initially honour what was on the website and it was so frustrating. I also had a slightly higher invoice which I gave up querying in the end.

Would you know if you can book a cruise with a Next Cruise certificate through a travel agent or does it have to be Royal direct?

38 minutes ago, Tin can said:

I had exactly the same with my two price matches. They wouldn't initially honour what was on the website and it was so frustrating. I also had a slightly higher invoice which I gave up querying in the end.

Would you know if you can book a cruise with a Next Cruise certificate through a travel agent or does it have to be Royal direct?

A TA can import a NC open booking and convert it to the cruise you want.  

• Like 1