Chefs table info

We have the 3 restaurant package (plus one free from TA).  If we would like to use one of our restaurants for the chefs table, if I am reading correctly, we would pay $50pp plus tip extra?  If I do use one of my restaurants, I cannot book it until we board (like we have to do with all the other restaurant reservations)?  And lastly, can we book all of our reservations including Chefs Table at any restaurant once we board or is there a specific restaurant to book reservations?

The Chef's Table is not included in the 3 restaurant package. You can book it onboard for a price. Usually I get it as a BOGO. You can make your reservations at any specialty restaurant that is open or has a manager on duty at the front desk of the restaurant.

• Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

The Chef's Table is not included in the 3 restaurant package. You can book it onboard for a price. Usually I get it as a BOGO. You can make your reservations at any specialty restaurant that is open or has a manager on duty at the front desk of the restaurant.

Interesting; I never knew you could apply the BOGO offer to a Chef's Table booking.  I'm assuming you mean on either the first or second nights of the cruise?

We have gotten a discount on CT by asking the concierge in the suite lounge when we first board and we work with him on nights that are lacking RSVP's.  Of course that only works if you can get into the suite lounge.  We can usually get 15-20% off.  

1 hour ago, Sea Dog said:

So thats what I thought until I read this under the  3 night package that is why I am confused: 

• For ships with these venues, Teppanyaki/Izumi Hibachi is included, with a $10 surcharge, Chef's Table is included, with a $49.99 surcharge, and Dadong is included, with a $35 surcharge. These will be charged once onboard.

1 hour ago, ravenjls said:

We have the 3 restaurant package (plus one free from TA).  If we would like to use one of our restaurants for the chefs table, if I am reading correctly, we would pay $50pp plus tip extra?  If I do use one of my restaurants, I cannot book it until we board (like we have to do with all the other restaurant reservations)?  And lastly, can we book all of our reservations including Chefs Table at any restaurant once we board or is there a specific restaurant to book reservations?

We have the same set up, purchased the 3 night package and have a free one from our TA.  I do see on our cruise planner that we can purchase the Chef's table for a $49.99pp up charge.  We assigned our first specialty dinner using the 3 night package on the cruise planner for day one, once onboard we've always gone to any specialty restaurant and made all of the reservations and have always gotten the restaurant and times (or close to them) that we wanted.  Not sure how you would reserve the Chef's Table pre-cruise utilizing the 3 night package but I'm sure there is a way since it's offered as part of the package.  We booked the Chef's Table and paid for it seperately as we wanted it a specific day and time.

• Like 1

We have also seen a table set up in the Royal Promenade for speciality dining purchases and reservations, however we've always found going to a speciality restaurant right when we board is the quickest way to secure the venues and times we want. 

• Like 1

When I look at the fine print of the Buy 3 for$120, it specifically says "Not valid for premium experiences including Chef's Table, wine pairings dinners, Taste of Royal and Mystery Dinner Theater."

Do I need to purchase the 3-dinner package first, then I'll see the $50 Chef's Table offer? 

15 minutes ago, alanstarr said:

When I look at the fine print of the Buy 3 for$120, it specifically says "Not valid for premium experiences including Chef's Table, wine pairings dinners, Taste of Royal and Mystery Dinner Theater."

Do I need to purchase the 3-dinner package first, then I'll see the $50 Chef's Table offer? 

This is a screenshot for our cruise planner on the Wonder that is sailing in March

Screen Shot 2022-07-12 at 12.25.10 PM.png

3 minutes ago, JeffT237 said:

This is a screenshot for our cruise planner on the Wonder that is sailing in March

So strange that it's so different! It's a shame too, because I've been vaccilating back and forth between buying into the 3-dinner package, and this would have tipped the deal. 

3 hours ago, ravenjls said:

So thats what I thought until I read this under the  3 night package that is why I am confused: 

• For ships with these venues, Teppanyaki/Izumi Hibachi is included, with a $10 surcharge, Chef's Table is included, with a $49.99 surcharge, and Dadong is included, with a $35 surcharge. These will be charged once onboard.

I paid an additional fee on Freedom for Chef's Table with the UDP.  I did not have to pay the full Chef Table's price just a surcharge. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, alanstarr said:

Screenshot_20220712-213737_Chrome.thumb.jpg.aa9df5c590702d92412590aeb854ed29.jpg

Love the inconsistencies of Royal. Every ship, every sailing, every rep has a different protocol and understanding of rules. We were on Navigator in March, my wife and I had the UDP, our son his wife and his two kids did not. All six of us went to Playmakers. Burgers, Onion Rings,  salads, one coke,  four cocktails and one campfire cookie. Total cost 0, without asking. All cocktails fell under the voucher system, which our son does not get, and every thing else included with the UDP.. Go Figure. In January on Navigator I was dinged $1.28 for the Royal Zombie in the Bamboo Room using a voucher.  

On 7/12/2022 at 10:25 AM, Sea Dog said:

Ahh, I did not know that! I pre-booked CT for our anniversary in October on Mariner, which falls on the first day that we board as a surprise for DH. When we go to the restaurant, do you think we can apply the BOGO at that time and either get one dinner refunded or maybe get the 2nd night's dinner free? I don't want to cancel the pre-purchased reservation and wait until we board for fear that they may not have availability at CT for our anniversary. Thoughts? TIA!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SilkySal said:

Ahh, I did not know that! I pre-booked CT for our anniversary in October on Mariner, which falls on the first day that we board as a surprise for DH. When we go to the restaurant, do you think we can apply the BOGO at that time and either get one dinner refunded or maybe get the 2nd night's dinner free? I don't want to cancel the pre-purchased reservation and wait until we board for fear that they may not have availability at CT for our anniversary. Thoughts? TIA!

To be honest I'm not sure but it's worth asking. I'm sure if you tell them it's your anniversary they might accommodate you. I really don't know how much their reservations fill up. We have had no problem making reservations for the CT.

• Thanks 1