Steakhouse Reservation Question

dmcfad2

I haven’t sailed Carnival in a while. Yesterday I booked a cruise on Panorama. I also made a steakhouse reservation for the first night and I paid for it. I received a receipt by email, but it didn’t show the date or time. When I go to my booking, it isn’t showing on my itinerary. Should I be concerned? I don’t want to get on board and find that they can’t find my reservation. Has anyone experienced this? Thanks for any help or insight!

17 minutes ago, hockeyluver said:

mine shows up under  BOOKING & ORDER DETAILS then at the very bottom under ACTIVITIES & SERVICES ORDER HISTORY

THIS!

Don't know why the email they send you with the confirmation doesn't show it either.  Other's do like spa times and excursions, but not the Steakhouse.

I am glad though during Covid we started getting the emailed confirmations again.  They had time to go in and fix the system I guess.  Used to be we always got them, then for a couple years they stopped coming  or were hit or miss.  Then I noticed about the first year into Covid we started getting them again.

LOL Isn't that funny how we now measure time by Covid standard.

3 minutes ago, dmcfad2 said:

It doesn't show in my Booking and Order Details. I figured that is where it would show. I guess I have to call. Thank you all.

Try logging out, clearing out your history and cookies, and then go back in.  Sometimes you have do this and it will show up.

• Like 3

I called and was on the line with a rep for about 40 minutes while he spoke with online support and they sorted things out. He finally came back on the phone and said it was all taken care of and assured me that my steakhouse reservation with time and date would now show up in my booking. I just looked and it’s there! Thanks everyone. I can’t wait for this cruise. Can I leave today?? LOL

Edited by dmcfad2
  • Like 5

1 minute ago, dmcfad2 said:

Update: I called and was on the line with a rep for about 40 minutes while he spoke with online support and they sorted things out. He finally came back on the phone and said it was all taken care of and assured me that my steakhouse reservation with time and date would now show up in my booking. It’s still not there this morning. So, I am choosing to believe him and hope it will show when I’m on the ship. Otherwise, I have my receipt showing I booked it and paid for it and I will take it up with guest services onboard. Sigh. Thanks for all suggestions. 

Good idea to take your receipt with you. I wouldn’t see any problems once you show that.  You could always go to the Steakhouse once on board and verify with them as well.  Keep checking your Planner as well, the reservation just might show up as promised.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, ladysail2 said:

Good idea to take your receipt with you. I wouldn’t see any problems once you show that.  You could always go to the Steakhouse once on board and verify with them as well.  Keep checking your Planner as well, the reservation just might show up as promised.

Thank you, ladysail. It did show up right after my post, so I edited it. 🙂

On 7/13/2022 at 9:43 AM, ladysail2 said:

Good idea to take your receipt with you...

Since I am adopted me might be related. I could be your over 60 uncle from Texas...

I truncated your post, but the advice you give is spot on.
 We take a 1/2" binder with a copy of our birth certificates, passports (and the originals) drivers license, Carnival's policies on fans and ham radios, a copy of my ham radio license and a copy of our paid booking information.
 To your point we also print off all the prepaid items like soda plans, internet and specialty dining. Raise the geek level one notch my Stand On Guard For Thee friend and I laminate a couple of these for the binder.
 I know, I was that kid that ran the projector in 4th grade.  

See You At Sea!

Edited by BallFour4
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

On 7/13/2022 at 3:37 PM, dmcfad2 said:

I called and was on the line with a rep for about 40 minutes while he spoke with online support and they sorted things out. He finally came back on the phone and said it was all taken care of and assured me that my steakhouse reservation with time and date would now show up in my booking. I just looked and it’s there! Thanks everyone. I can’t wait for this cruise. Can I leave today?? LOL

Just wondered do you get a complimentary bottle wine on first night steak house on Carnival like P&O Australia

2 hours ago, windsor26 said:

Just wondered do you get a complimentary bottle wine on first night steak house on Carnival like P&O Australia

Yes, you should get a free bottle of red/white wine. Also, can get 50% off a bottle of better vintage.

16 hours ago, BallFour4 said:

Since I am adopted me might be related. I could be your over 60 uncle from Texas...

I truncated your post, but the advice you give is spot on.
 We take a 1/2" binder with a copy of our birth certificates, passports (and the originals) drivers license, Carnival's policies on fans and ham radios, a copy of my ham radio license and a copy of our paid booking information.
 To your point we also print off all the prepaid items like soda plans, internet and specialty dining. Raise the geek level one notch my Stand On Guard For Thee friend and I laminate a couple of these for the binder.
 I know, I was that kid that ran the projector in 4th grade.  

See You At Sea!

🤣🤣.  Yes, I dare say that we might be geek-related!  But we’re organized, right!!  I don’t laminate pages as I don’t have a laminator…but…that could be in my future and there’s  always Staples!   The binder for my next cruise is a 1-inch, and it is stuffed like a Christmas turkey…..I won’t stop printing and organizing until I know in my mind exactly what I’m planning and doing!

And you got to run the projector??  No fair!!

See you at sea, and if not, Enjoy!

9 hours ago, windsor26 said:

Yes, you are supposed to, one bottle per table. Be insistent if you see the server filling up everyone’s glass with the same bottle. We ended up with about 2” of wine and that was all. We were a table of 2. Next time I’ll ask the server to leave the bottle on the table. 

On 7/12/2022 at 1:13 PM, dmcfad2 said:

I haven’t sailed Carnival in a while. Yesterday I booked a cruise on Panorama. I also made a steakhouse reservation for the first night and I paid for it. I received a receipt by email, but it didn’t show the date or time. When I go to my booking, it isn’t showing on my itinerary. Should I be concerned? I don’t want to get on board and find that they can’t find my reservation. Has anyone experienced this? Thanks for any help or insight!

Use this to access it. The first time it will take you to Carnivals web site. Log in. Now do it again. Look at the bottom left of the inoice. it should be there. Where the Xs are in place of them enter your booking number.

https://www.carnival.com/booked/document?BookingNumber=XXXXXX&IsPrintLuggageTagsSelected=true&IsPrintPassFlightSelected=false&IsPrintCruiseInfoSelected=true

2 hours ago, ALWAYS CRUZIN said:

Use this to access it. The first time it will take you to Carnivals web site. Log in. Now do it again. Look at the bottom left of the inoice. it should be there. Where the Xs are in place of them enter your booking number.

https://www.carnival.com/booked/document?BookingNumber=XXXXXX&IsPrintLuggageTagsSelected=true&IsPrintPassFlightSelected=false&IsPrintCruiseInfoSelected=true

Thank you. I ended up having to call Carnival to get it rectified. I’m good to go, now. 👍