ACL has a new San Francisco itinerary

Izena

This upsets me.  Just finished the grand New England cruise July 3. That cruise was very understaffed.   Heard about same issues on several of their  other cruises.    I understand  the desire  to get cruising again.   It has been a terrible financial  Time for cruise companies 

Staffing issues are going to be the biggest obstacle for many businesses.   It is going to take a very long time for the smaller ship companies to recover.   I don’t think a new itinerary is going to help.   I’d rather take road trips for now. 

Sorry you felt your cruise was under staffed.

My DH and I were on 3 ACL cruises last summer/fall and none felt under staffed, had a great time.  We have 2 ACL cruises booked for this fall and will greatly enjoy them.

We do not like cruising out of San Francisco, but for this new cruise it might be in our future.  We have family who live in that Sacramento area who could possibly come and visit the ship and us.

• 4 weeks later...

Saw this talked about on the news and kind of surprised that they are making a 7 day cruise out of it.  It takes about a day for a boat to travel from Sacramento to San Francisco on the Sacramento River/Delta system if I recall.  Even more surprised that Stockton is one of the port stops.  The only thing we ever hear about Stockton on the news in NorCal is all the shootings.  Seriously, it's on the daily.  

• 6 months later...

We will be doing this cruise in March.  I have had some bad experiences with ACL, but I'm giving them another chance.  I discovered there is a great museum in Stockton (who knew?) so I'll be going on that excursion.  It's true you could do this same itinerary in a couple of days by car, but what fun would that be?