Corona virus outbreaks

mesmer1

I think it's time we all moved on from this, no use stressing out in advance we just have to managed it on the day ( ie on the upcoming  itinerary)

Almost every cruise ship sailing at the moment will probably  have a couple of guests in isolation.

If we choose to book a cruise we will just have to take responsibility for our self and get back to some sense of 'trying to live a normal life style'.  Since the 13th August 2021 I have taken three separate Cunard cruises and have been unaware  at the time if any of the guests onboard had been affected by covid , no-one ever mentioned that dreaded C word we all just got on with enjoying ourself. 

Edited by Bell Boy
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

While I do applaud this attitude, I think there is a little more to it than that. It is not just ourselves we must take responsibility for, but others too. It might be best to wear a mask in crowded places, it might be best not to sneeze copiously on crowded shuttle buses, and it might be best to get tested if one is experiencing symptoms. If we pass our Covid tests, we hope to embark tomorrow, and hope to be surrounded (not too closely 😀) by other thoughtful and responsible passengers.

• Like 12

1 hour ago, exlondoner said:

While I do applaud this attitude, I think there is a little more to it than that. It is not just ourselves we must take responsibility for, but others too. It might be best to wear a mask in crowded places, it might be best not to sneeze copiously on crowded shuttle buses, and it might be best to get tested if one is experiencing symptoms. If we pass our Covid tests, we hope to embark tomorrow, and hope to be surrounded (not too closely 😀) by other thoughtful and responsible passengers.

Thank you. 

As one whose husband is considered 'vulnerable' and thus on the NHS list for antivirals should they become necessary, I am relieved to hear Cunard medical centre stock them but most of all, if the ships continued to follow your practices, we would feel even more comfortable than we do now.

We live with this on a daily basis and will not spend the rest of the ongoing problem living as we did in '20 and much of '21 but there is a subtle difference between being ill at home and ill on a cruise ship and when we do  catch this wretched virus, by choice we'd rather not get it on a cruise ship.

So thank you for your consideration. We shall be following the same protocols with the added no excursions with others and probably, not much interaction with fellow passengers but what we will not do, is let this virus defeat us and we WILL get back to cruising on Cunard but with a healthy regard, for our health! 🙂

• Like 8

7 hours ago, Bell Boy said:

I think it's time we all moved on from this, no use stressing out in advance we just have to managed it on the day ( ie on the upcoming  itinerary)

Almost every cruise ship sailing at the moment will probably  have a couple of guests in isolation.

If we choose to book a cruise we will just have to take responsibility for our self and get back to some sense of 'trying to live a normal life style'.  Since the 13th August 2021 I have taken three separate Cunard cruises and have been unaware  at the time if any of the guests onboard had been affected by covid , no-one ever mentioned that dreaded C word we all just got on with enjoying ourself. 

That's nice for you but we have had plenty of people posting who have tested positive for Covid and had to quarantine on board or after the cruise. It's a legitimate question. 

@mesmer1 we haven't had any recent posts but most ships sailing will have positive cases as you can see on most boards.  

Are you sailing soon ?

• Like 1

We are presently on QE.  In the onboard  information booklet passengers are asked to wear masks indoors except in the bars and when  eating in restaurants.  Although many are complying, there is still a good proportion who either did not read the information or who have chosen to ignore it.  In one of her announcements the Captain referred to the written information almost in passing.  No information about current cases onboard.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, netpj said:

We are presently on QE.  In the onboard  information booklet passengers are asked to wear masks indoors except in the bars and when  eating in restaurants.  Although many are complying, there is still a good proportion who either did not read the information or who have chosen to ignore it.  In one of her announcements the Captain referred to the written information almost in passing.  No information about current cases onboard.

I don’t know how anyone can “ignor the mask requirements” as aboard the QM2 last week , I was quickly reminded by the crew whenever I forgot to put it on after eating, coming indoors , etc. . 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, MCC retired said:

I don’t know how anyone can “ignor the mask requirements” as aboard the QM2 last week , I was quickly reminded by the crew whenever I forgot to put it on after eating, coming indoors , etc. . 

That's to know. I hope they will be equally assiduous from tomorrow.

I was on the Queen Elizabeth from Fort Lauderdale to LA.  We were booked to go on to Alaska but I tested positive the day before LA.  It was the 4th on-board test [in addition to my pre-embarkation test]. There was a major COVID outbreak onboard which the ship management was finding difficult to contain.  All passengers in isolation were disembarked in LA and sent to hotels for further isolation.

There was mandatory mask-wearing except for eating and drinking as well as social distancing in the theatre.  However, ship management did not practice social distancing in the dining facilities.