Carnival Premium Wi-Fi Plan - Day pass price?

I have cellular and data in Mexico, but need to submit a few assignments and attend a zoom meeting on 2 of the sea days while on the Panorama out of Long Beach.

I definitely don't want to prepay for the entire week at $14.45 per day for my 7 day cruise. 

Has anyone purchased a single day pass on their cruise? If so, how much did the single day cost?

Thank you SO much for your 411!!

8 hours ago, cruisingteachers4 said:

I have cellular and data in Mexico, but need to submit a few assignments and attend a zoom meeting on 2 of the sea days while on the Panorama out of Long Beach.

I definitely don't want to prepay for the entire week at $14.45 per day for my 7 day cruise. 

Has anyone purchased a single day pass on their cruise? If so, how much did the single day cost?

Thank you SO much for your 411!!

The daily rate for Premium WiFi was $25 per day (24-hour period) just before the shutdown.  I haven't checked on any ships since then, and they announced an increase for many of their WiFi plans a few months ago.

I've never seen less than $25/24 hour period on each of the cruises I've been on. We've also bought day passes for my partner to check school items like you're planning, but he hasn't used Zoom on it before. It was reliable and fast enough for simple tasks, but we still had random connectivity issues at times. That was in our cabin. Maybe the card room/computer room or something would be empty for you to use and have a better signal if you plan to Zoom?

5 minutes ago, mz-s said:

I think the pricing in that screenshot is out of date. Prices increased a few months ago. $28 that @TexasJohn82 reported sounds right.

That's interesting.  I pulled it directly from the website just today ...  I must say, though, Carnival does a poor job of making sure that everything on their website is correct.

18 minutes ago, Schoifmom said:

That's interesting.  I pulled it directly from the website just today ...  I must say, though, Carnival does a poor job of making sure that everything on their website is correct.

Their problem is they have the same information on a multitude of pages and when things change they often only change it in some places. For example, some pages still say Carnival offers fleet-wide self service laundry even though that is not true and has not been true for nearly a year since Mardi Gras launched.

On the Panorama right now and if purchased onboard, the value plan is $17.00/day and the premium plan is $25.00/day.  For the entire 7-day cruise its $91.00 and $119.00 for the value and premium plans respectively.  

• Thanks 2

Just my experience, the mid WiFi works as good as the more expensive WiFi.  I did zoom meetings and worked on 3 different cruises this year.  The first two I paid for the upgraded WiFi the last one I did not.  No difference.  Where you will encounter the most difficulty is on a sea day when everyone is on their phones.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Schoifmom said:

It's up to date - I just prepaid for the wifi for my sailing at the end of the month this morning, and it was $14.45/day.