Regent Specialty Restaurant Advance Priority?

My wife and I will be cruising with Regent for the first time. We will be on the Splendor,  departing March 11th 2022, for 10 nights out of Miami. Right now until I retire in a few short years (when did I get old), this is the maximum time away we can do. We will be staying in a Penthouse Suite. After having our previous booking cancelled due to covid, we are really exciting and hoping this one goes as planned. 

The question I have is this. What order is the advance specialty restaurants when it comes to online priority? How many days in advance does a Penthouse suite have compared to say the Splendor or Grand Suites above it? Is there any advance priority for the Penthouse Suites over the suites below it? Lastly, is there any advice you all can give as to any strategies with the specialty restaurants and how to plan for them.

Thanks all, I appreciate the advice!

I can't list the reservations dates for all the cabin types, but you can see what you get for your certain reservation on your booking.  There are also some priority in reservations based on  your Seven Seas Society level.

Some people will say that you want to be in Compass Rose the night of the Captain's reception, because there is a really great menu that night.  The Captain's reception (pre COVID) usually is the second night.

I look at the itinerary and the excursions we have to help me plan the nights I want to eat in a specialty restaurant.  If our excursion is a long one, I wouldn't plan on a specialty restaurant that night because we may be too tired for a really nice dinner and serving.

I may be a bit of a control freak but on the date my restaurant reservations become available I sign on to the site at 12:01AM.  I’m a night owl anyway so this is no problem for me.  The other advice given here is good.  Check your excursions for timing.  I print out the port calendar to make it easier.  If you get early reservations at the specialties you may want to skip the evening  canapés  in your PH.  Afternoon tea can also be an appetite killer so make later reservations on days you plan to do that.

Have fun planning!  Isn’t it great to have this to look forward to.  We’re sailing in January - can’t wait.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, lastchamp64 said:

My wife and I will be cruising with Regent for the first time. We will be on the Splendor,  departing March 11th 2022, for 10 nights out of Miami. Right now until I retire in a few short years (when did I get old), this is the maximum time away we can do. We will be staying in a Penthouse Suite. After having our previous booking cancelled due to covid, we are really exciting and hoping this one goes as planned. 

The question I have is this. What order is the advance specialty restaurants when it comes to online priority? How many days in advance does a Penthouse suite have compared to say the Splendor or Grand Suites above it? Is there any advance priority for the Penthouse Suites over the suites below it? Lastly, is there any advice you all can give as to any strategies with the specialty restaurants and how to plan for them.

Thanks all, I appreciate the advice!

Just get online when dining opens up of PH and you should be able to get dinner on the night you want.  We ate at 630 every night.  As we just completed our first cruise on Regent I was anxious too but online I booked Pac rim on the first night, prime 7 the third and chartreuse fifth.    We had the CR captains dinner the second and setti the fourth.   After the Pac rim and Prime 7 we knew we like those and asked our butler to get us additional reservations on a couple of later days on the trip ( when we didn't have long shore-ex) He secured dining for us at both.  Ours was a 12 day cruise.   I must say while the specialty dining was wonderful CR and setti were also great so don't worry too much as you will be fat and happy no matter where you eat.  

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Lonedaddy said:

Just get online when dining opens up of PH and you should be able to get dinner on the night you want.  We ate at 630 every night.  As we just completed our first cruise on Regent I was anxious too but online I booked Pac rim on the first night, prime 7 the third and chartreuse fifth.    We had the CR captains dinner the second and setti the fourth.   After the Pac rim and Prime 7 we knew we like those and asked our butler to get us additional reservations on a couple of later days on the trip ( when we didn't have long shore-ex) He secured dining for us at both.  Ours was a 12 day cruise.   I must say while the specialty dining was wonderful CR and setti were also great so don't worry too much as you will be fat and happy no matter where you eat.  

Thanks for the excellent advice.  I hope not to fat though, I've told my wife I'm trying to lose these 20 lbs so that I can sport my Speedo body. LOL

8 hours ago, lastchamp64 said:

Concierge and above get access to restaurant booking 90 days in advance, as opposed to 75 for others. I don't think that named suites get any earlier access, but I could be mistaken on that. Passengers with silver status or above in the loyalty program (i.e., 21+ nights on Regent) also get the 90-day access.  In addition, if your cruise is a segment of a grand voyage, or if two back to back cruises were combined and marketed as one cruise, the people starting at the beginning of that grand voyage or the first part of the back to back can also book dining for the later segment(s) of the cruise, and so could get in ahead as well.

That being said, you still should have no problem getting reservations. Two-tops at the most popular times (7:00 and 7:30) tend to sell out first, but if you are willing to take a shared table and/or a less popular time, you'll have more options. BTW, the default setting on the booking engine is 2-top, so if you're willing to share, be sure to switch to shared. You'll see a lot more choices.

• Like 1

On Navigator, what restaurants require reservations?   I thought it was only Prime 7.  If only Prime 7 requires reservations, do passengers still make pre-cruise reservations at other restaurants and why?  thanks for answering a first time Regent cruiser's questions.

9 minutes ago, Borna said:

On Navigator, what restaurants require reservations?   I thought it was only Prime 7.  If only Prime 7 requires reservations, do passengers still make pre-cruise reservations at other restaurants and why?  thanks for answering a first time Regent cruiser's questions.

You are correct. Only specialty restaurant on Navigator is Prime 7, for which you can make one reservation before boarding.

The other restaurants (Compass Rose, Sette Mari, and Pool Grill) to not accept reservations. For Sette Mari, suggest going when it first opens or an hour or so later.

On 7/15/2022 at 11:37 AM, lastchamp64 said:

Thanks for the excellent advice.  I hope not to fat though, I've told my wife I'm trying to lose these 20 lbs so that I can sport my Speedo body. LOL

That doesn't stop anyone else on board...

On 7/15/2022 at 11:37 AM, lastchamp64 said:

Fat, schmat.  Wanna look skinny?  Hang out with fatter people.  😛

• Like 1
  • Haha 1