Alaska - Solstice - Some New "Experiences"

RollWave

Loyal Celebrity Cruisers... started sailing with X in our 30s - now in our 50s...

Overall, we had an enjoyable trip, enhanced by gorgeous weather, on Solstice for the July 1-8 Alaska sailing

The ship is older and probably could use a refresh, but it is clean & tidy with an AMAZING crew (happy, friendly, and working very hard).

We were happy with our Concierge cabin and greatly enjoyed the balcony - many whale sightings & lots of beautiful fresh air!!!

Food was delicious. We were finally able to score a Murano reservation!! An enjoyable meal for sure.

Enjoyable music in the bars with great bar service.

New (for us) Cruise Experiences...

Passengers yelling from their balconies as we left a port. Yelling to one another and yelling to people on shore. "Can I Get A What What" and then there would be a response of "What What" from some other balcony or deck (it was hard to tell). This went on a few times until it devolved into the F-bomb being thrown about - we went back into our cabin at this point. We thought this behavior was really uncool!

We were on the non-smoking side of the ship. Pot smoke coming from a cabin forward of us - this happened twice. Again, really uncool behavior! 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, RollWave said:

We were on the non-smoking side of the ship. Pot smoke coming from a cabin forward of us - this happened twice. Again, really uncool behavior! 

What was the response from security when you alerted them?

1 minute ago, 1025cruise said:

What was the response from security when you alerted them?

They would look into it. There was no follow up but it did not happen again not that it should have happened in the first place. Cannot say why it stopped as it was hard to pinpoint the actual source. I do not go on vacation looking to police the behavior of others or have to engage with security/police.

We just returned from the July 8-15 Solstice sailing. Our novel experience was getting Covid. I’m hearing from other sources that we are far from being the only ones infected on this cruise. But hey, at least we got to spend money on a pre-cruise test, so that’s money well spent LOL.

The food was the best we’ve ever had on a cruise, so I’m thankful we were still able to taste it 😀

On 7/16/2022 at 4:24 PM, RollWave said:

They would look into it. There was no follow up but it did not happen again not that it should have happened in the first place. Cannot say why it stopped as it was hard to pinpoint the actual source. I do not go on vacation looking to police the behavior of others or have to engage with security/police.

I would assume several other guests also reported concerns…

Whilst none of us enjoy ‘policing’  others if all of us take the responsibility to quietly report then security can more readily do their job. I would think if two/three cabins report inappropriate behaviour of any type it gives them more evidence to address.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, deliver42 said:

It's now every man for himself, and the hell with the rules or anyone else. So sad.

So true - this is EXACTLY how traveling today (cruise, airlines etc..) feels! 

Forget that there are 2000+ other people on this ship....it is MY VACATION not your vacation so to heck with you seemed to be the going attitude.