QM2 Quarantine Cabins

rsquare

Is there a block of cabins on QM2 dedicated to Covid quarantine, or are those who test positive for Covid more or less scattered around the ship?

I seem to recall someone on CC writing that the deck plan in his/her cabin showed a block of cabins on deck 8 greyed out, apparently as quarantine cabins, but I can't recall the person nor the post.  As someone who has booked a deck 8 DC later this year I'm quite interested in this topic.

Earlier reports on this forum indicate Cunard has indeed been allocating the forward cabins on QM2 between the A and B stairways on decks 4, 5 and 6 as isolation/quarantine cabins. We have reports from members who have been moved to isolate in sheltered balconies in that area on decks 5 and 6 at various times and that Cunard has at least been reserving the cabins in that area on deck 4 as well if needed.

The references I've seen to deck 8 being used for isolation cabins were reports from QE, not QM2.

Thanks all, very reassuring as regards deck 8, but a little reminiscent of recent Chinese lockdowns for the deck 5 and 6 cabins.  I suspect that bluemarble has identified the source of my confusion about deck 8.

I was quarantined for two days on a W’bound earlier this year. I was a sheltered balcony forward on Deck 6-actually my favorite type and location; extra pillows and  decorative fabrics were removed and food was brought  and left on a table in front of the door. They were wonderful about making sure you got what you wanted from the regular menu. They processed your passport for you, delivered it to you and you and your luggage were disembarked down to the crew gangway; the stewards who took my bags were dressed a la hazmat. A happy result was that I totally avoided the immigration crush in the terminal and I quickly got my car😁 

Had my isolation gone on it probably  would have become tiresome .

I had an email from Cunard  to say that they were upgrading me form August crossing as my chosen cabin was in a quarantine area-so we’ll see what I get🤨

On our May 15-June 5 round trip from NY to Norway and back to NY, I spent ten full days in an isolation cabin, #5079.  Day 10 of isolation, I was allowed to return to normal….no masks required, allowed to eat/drink anywhere on the ship.  (My husband, a “negative close contact,” was tested every day for 5 days.  He remained negative, and was allowed to use all the ship’s facilities as long as he was masked and did not eat or drink anywhere except in our original cabin.  After 10 days, his restrictions were lifted as well.)

There were others on the isolation floor….. all with small tables (balcony coffee tables) outside the door of the cabin.  Trays were left there so we had no contact with any member of the staff.  I did not see a single human face except the member of the medical staff who came to retest me on day 5 and 7.  As I was asymptomatic, I did not need any medical care but was surprised no one ever checked on me in person.  

On 7/16/2022 at 5:17 PM, TheOldBear said:

I've seen some recent postings over on you tube [from spring QM2 sailings] indicating that decks 5 & 6 between the 'A' and 'B' stairs were restricted [fire doors closed, isolation warning signs]

Can those doors be opened from the inside? What if they had a catostrophic emergency of some kind would those people be trapped behind the fire doors?

9 hours ago, canoncruiser said:

So far - what I’ve gotten is a 6Deck sheltered balcony aft of mid-ship-no big deal so far- but I’m OK with it☺️

Yes , that is what we ended up with also after being displaced from our preferred Deck 6 Forward Sheltered Balcony cabin.

Edited by MCC retired

• 2 weeks later...

We were isolated in May. Yes they have isolation rooms and you are required to go to them. We were in a sheltered balcony room, which sucked. You cannot leave your room and you can’t even enjoy the balcony because there is a 3.5 foot steel wall blocking your view unless you stand right at the rail. The rooms were not up to par either. I don’t think any of them have been renovated as the difference between our room originally which was wonderful to a dirty carpet, rusty balcony. 
A full week just about with only TV gets mighty hard to take. They did comp us a few phone calls as we had to make arrangements, cancel flight, that kind of thing. Also, do not rely on Cunard to do half the stuff they say they will do. We are still trying to get money refunded for Verandah reservations, out of pocket expenses while in isolation mandated by Cunard, and even after 60 days our FCC which they promise has not been handled. Not really happy with Cunard’s customer service after we landed but that is a whole different nightmare story,

We were in 5039, and all the adjacent row of cabins had clearly been put aside for isolation. I thought the cabin itself fine, except for being half the size of the QG cabin we book, partly because I am claustrophobic. The walkin shower was most welcome: Q5s and Q6s do not have them. I thought the cabin nicely decorated and well arranged. The balcony was much better than I expected being deep and bright. And I could see a tiny bit of sea when sitting down. Nonetheless three days was enough, or, rather, more than enough.

• Like 1