Purchase entry tickets ahead of time?

I'd always purchase tickets in advance. Frequently you can purchase them on their app or mobile web page and just show your confirmation number. I've purchased tickets to Windsor Castle while standing in line at Windsor Castle...

I assume you mean Westminster Abbey? Westminster is a city. The Palace of Westminster is the home of Parliament. There's an Abbey and a Catholic cathedral in Westminster (and a lot of other things). 

Hopefully a Londoner or recent traveler pops up on the thread. I don't think any of the attractions you're talking about need to be purchased way in advance, but even the night before should let you go to the "I have a ticket" or similar line. That's almost sure to be worth it, especially if you can make an early morning (ahead of the bus tours) trip to the Tower of London.

Google maps says Gymshark is temporarily closed. I'm guessing you've seen that and are looking for confirmation, which hopefully you get one way or another!

On 7/18/2022 at 10:59 PM, geoherb said:

I high recommend visiting Buckingham Palace even though it's not on your list. Ticket info is here:
https://www.rct.uk/visit/buckingham-palace

Thanks for that suggestion!  Although I've visited London many times, for some reason it had not hit my radar screen that one could visit the Palace, or perhaps I was never there during the time of year when one can do so.  But I will be in September and just booked tickets.  I think it will be particularly special to visit during the Platinum Jubilee year.  Thanks again.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Westminster abbey used to have a service at 5pm every day.   There is no cost to go in the abbey for the service.  You do not get a guided tour but you still go inside the abbey and there is no cost... 🙂 

2 hours ago, Iwantsun said:

Westminster abbey used to have a service at 5pm every day.   There is no cost to go in the abbey for the service.

You would expect that a church that's a cathedral in all but the technical sense would have regular services.

Service times and details available on the Abbey's website:

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/1/2022 at 6:37 PM, Globaliser said:

You would expect that a church that's a cathedral in all but the technical sense would have regular services.

Service times and details available on the Abbey's website:

Evensong is the service we attended.  With the boys choir it was wonderfull.