CWC FCC and Refund question

Had to cancel a cruise using the CWC program. Received the cruise fare as an FCC; received port fees and taxes as a refund, but missing $50, and have not received the cruise insurance yet.

The question is (for anyone who has done this), will I ever see the insurance refund, or is that toast, and any idea why they would hold back part of the port fees and taxes?

I’m canadian and i received 65.00 as a refund (i didn’t understand why i received it so that explains it)and 200.00 as fcc. So thats the correct amount in canadian for a cruise with confidence fcc (265.00). I never had insurance so can’t speak to that. What was the date of your fcc? Mine was the date of issuance and i thought it was supposed to be the date of the cruise. The whole process isn’t transparent.

Someone did bad math and didn't refund you the proper amount or they are doing the $50 refund in a different batch.     I would call and ask but be prepared to be on hold for a while.

As far as the insurance goes I have heard some say they were refunded by Royal, some say they were refunded by the insurance company Royal uses but me personal I never received insurance refund on a March 2020 that was cancelled by them in March of 2020.   I had several conversations with both Royal and their insurance carrier and nothing ever came through.    When you call for the $50 question ask who will refund the insurance as you may have to initiate the call to their insurance carrier.

16 hours ago, orville99 said:

Had to cancel a cruise using the CWC program. Received the cruise fare as an FCC; received port fees and taxes as a refund, but missing $50, and have not received the cruise insurance yet.

The question is (for anyone who has done this), will I ever see the insurance refund, or is that toast, and any idea why they would hold back part of the port fees and taxes?

Did you book through a TA?  There were a few promos for TA's last year where they offered $50 bonus commission that they paid out right away as opposed to after the booking was paid in full or the ship sailed.  When refinds were issued for these, that $50 was withheld as there was not enough cash on the booking to refund.  They have to manually issue that $50 as the automated process will only issue money that is actually left on the booking. 

We canceled a cruise under CWC in January, 2022. We received the refund for the canceled cruise right away, correct down to the penny. About 4 months after we canceled, we received an FCC for $98. No explanation from RCL. Our TA applied the FCC to our November, 2022 cruise. She had no idea what it was for either. 

2 hours ago, CruisinNole said:

We canceled a cruise under CWC in January, 2022. We received the refund for the canceled cruise right away, correct down to the penny. About 4 months after we canceled, we received an FCC for $98. No explanation from RCL. Our TA applied the FCC to our November, 2022 cruise. She had no idea what it was for either. 

We canceled one in January as well, before they changed the rules to fcc only. We got the full refund for the January cruise in about ten days. We got the fcc for the latest cancellation in about 20 days, so they are getting better with those. Early on, the FCCs sometimes took months.

• 3 weeks later...

Follow up question: Received FCC's as compensation for an onboard issue that lasted two+ days. Have applied them (online) to an upcoming cruise, but the balance due hasn't changed in the days following application. How long does it typically take for an FCC to show up in the balance due on a cruise?

8 minutes ago, orville99 said:

Follow up question: Received FCC's as compensation for an onboard issue that lasted two+ days. Have applied them (online) to an upcoming cruise, but the balance due hasn't changed in the days following application. How long does it typically take for an FCC to show up in the balance due on a cruise?

It is immediate once it is applied.  Some FCC's are applied immediately when you submit while others have to be applied manually.  Sounds like yours was one of the manual ones so a request for someone to actually apply it will be generated.  It can take days to weeks to get it applied.

23 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

It is immediate once it is applied.  Some FCC's are applied immediately when you submit while others have to be applied manually.  Sounds like yours was one of the manual ones so a request for someone to actually apply it will be generated.  It can take days to weeks to get it applied.

Thanks. I got a confirmation on the screen as soon as I submitted the FCC's, but nothing has changed in the balance due amount, so I guess I will have to call C&A again.

1 minute ago, orville99 said:

Thanks. I got a confirmation on the screen as soon as I submitted the FCC's, but nothing has changed in the balance due amount, so I guess I will have to call C&A again.

The confirmation I believe is normal whether it is applied immediately or not.

There are many FCC's, like the one you have that are goodwill FCC's that have to be applied manually.  I would give it 2 weeks before calling

• Thanks 2

On 8/4/2022 at 10:36 AM, Ourusualbeach said:

The confirmation I believe is normal whether it is applied immediately or not.

There are many FCC's, like the one you have that are goodwill FCC's that have to be applied manually.  I would give it 2 weeks before calling

Thanks for the explanation and suggestion. I called this morning and the C&A rep applied them while I was on the phone with him.🙂

• Like 1