Favorite Specialty Restaurant

First- Hibachi definately- fun- then  150 central park, then chops, then Giovanni's or Jamies-   We also have the unlimited dining and will do Chops twice, 150 Central park .  Since ours is 9 nights- probably repeat Jamies also- My DH likes chops so that might be three nights- others maybe for lunch- New texas barbecue- Johnny rockets- etc.

We will have breakfast in Costal Kitchen.

Just now, AspiringCindy said:

The new and improved Giovanni's Kitchen! On our last cruise, the Filet Mignon was far superior in Giovannis compared to Chops Grille.

Is the meat they used across specialities similar?  I love filet Mignon and I thought only Chops gets the 'good' stuff? 

50 minutes ago, Project-College said:

Is the meat they used across specialities similar?  I love filet Mignon and I thought only Chops gets the 'good' stuff? 

Probably the same but I'm not positive. I had the filet at both. The seasoning was better, and it was soooo tender at Giovanni's. I was tempted to get pasta, but opted for the filet because I had heard that theirs is really good!

17 hours ago, George C said:

We really didn’t care for 150cp on allure, our favorite keeps on changing chops was good , but favorite would be a tie between hibachi and Giovanni’s, Giovanni’s had the best wine list which helps. UDP is great have not eaten in mdr in a few cruises 

Same here.  I wanted to like 150cp on Allure, but the food was just mediocre.  I'll give it another shot the next time i'm on an Oasis class.

I guess there are soooo many variable to the meal, personal taste, the chef that day, the meat that day... but I'll make an educated guess.

Went to French restaurant on either Bliss or Anthem and wayyy to rich for me and got me sick that night.  Wife loved it?

Thanks for all the views as my wife will probably LOCK on the possibility of Giovanni’s (she is from a laaaaaarge Italian family)

We have done the UDP quite a few times and really like it. We have another cruise on Symphony coming up in September so we will see if anything changes. But from our past experiences:

Hooked, 150 and Chops are our favorites. 

Giovanni’s is good, Jamie’s is ok.

Wonderland is ok- it really comes down to your server. Great service, great experience. 

Izumi/Hibachi are great.

Samba Grille was very good on Allure.

Playmakers is good.

Sabor is excellent.

Johnny Rockets, truthfully it’s been a few cruises since we have eaten there.

On our June Symphony sailing, we did Chops the first night and that was our favorite meal. Jamie's was a close second, and there was a major drop off after that. My wife enjoyed her whole lobster at Hooked but I did not care for my surf & turf. Izumi Hibachi was very subpar. In hindsight, we should have done 150 CP. 

I guess the bottom line is we need to just try them all and guess at the remaining for the other nights.  We can do Chops and Jamie's at lunch.  Hooked does not have oysters for lunch and that is what my son is looking forward to (me too!) so we will have to do Hooked a couple of times.  We are in it for the lobster too so hopefully it is good.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jp2746 said:

I guess the bottom line is we need to just try them all and guess at the remaining for the other nights.  We can do Chops and Jamie's at lunch.  Hooked does not have oysters for lunch and that is what my son is looking forward to (me too!) so we will have to do Hooked a couple of times.  We are in it for the lobster too so hopefully it is good.

150 CP has Lobster Thermador 

And I got double portions there 

7CCECC3C-1ACA-4049-8063-4C67401AEC0B.jpeg

37 minutes ago, PompeySailor said:

150 CP has Lobster Thermador 

And I got double portions there 

7CCECC3C-1ACA-4049-8063-4C67401AEC0B.jpeg

Oh my gosh!  We are going to 150CP!  That looks amazing.  Especially since I am on a "cruise diet" so that I can eat like crazy on the cruise.  I prefer to diet before and get a little under weight so that I can focus on gaining a couple of pounds.  lol 

• Like 1

Jamie's Italian Grille is EXCELLENT, some of the best Italian food I've ever had!

I'm intrigued by Wonderland, so I'll have to try that.

As far as "Cruise Diet", I just lost over 50lbs on WW (53.5lbs to be exact), so I think I'm good!

Edited by broadwaybaby123
  • Like 1

I find it easier to lose weight before we go because I have an end and a reward when it is over!  One year I went a little too far.  All of our pictures make my arms look like sticks.  BUT... I had no problem gaining it back.  Lol.  It was way more fun than being depressed for a week realizing I gained ten pounds and now have to lose it while going through "my cruise is over" depression.  

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, broadwaybaby123 said:

Jamie's Italian Grille is EXCELLENT, some of the best Italian food I've ever had!

I'm intrigued by Wonderland, so I'll have to try that.

As far as "Cruise Diet", I just lost over 50lbs on WW (53.5lbs to be exact), so I think I'm good!

Love the plank at Jamie’s 

we get one each (Just kidding)

And we enjoyed Wonderland, and yes we had every app on the menu except one.

98C1EAF7-4CF7-4FD7-9999-B9816B653BFA.jpeg

Edited by PompeySailor

Before they changed the menu a couple years ago, 150CP was our favorite.  The breads, the salts, ahhhhh.  The current menu is uninspiring. Now we prefer Giovanni's.

mac_tlc