Thank you Celebrity

SandyR5

A big THANK YOU to Celebrity cruises and Flights by Celebrity for brightening a miserable situation. 2 days before we were supposed to leave for Amsterdam, for an 12 day Apex cruise to Scandinavia, I didn’t feel well, got tested and yup, had to cancel. Between the tears we called our agent and our car service. We emailed the Movenpick hotel where we were staying and the private tour operators. EVERYONE was wonderful. With the one call to our agent our trip will be refunded and most of our air. ($200 per person penalty but we were booked business class so not so bad). The hotel will move our reservation to another sailing out of Amsterdam and the tour operators were all wonderful. Nice to know people care and do the right thing under miserable circumstances. 

• Like 10
  • Thanks 3

9 minutes ago, SandyR5 said:

A big THANK YOU to Celebrity cruises and Flights by Celebrity for brightening a miserable situation. 2 days before we were supposed to leave for Amsterdam, for an 12 day Apex cruise to Scandinavia, I didn’t feel well, got tested and yup, had to cancel. Between the tears we called our agent and our car service. We emailed the Movenpick hotel where we were staying and the private tour operators. EVERYONE was wonderful. With the one call to our agent our trip will be refunded and most of our air. ($200 per person penalty but we were booked business class so not so bad). The hotel will move our reservation to another sailing out of Amsterdam and the tour operators were all wonderful. Nice to know people care and do the right thing under miserable circumstances. 

I am sorry to hear that you have Covid and it must be so disappointing to cancel your cruise vacation.  It is good to know that you had a great customer service experience.  Get well.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, SandyR5 said:

Flights by Celebrity imposes the fee. I’ve already gotten the refund, 5 days after cancelling. I’m ok with it. 

I thought that Celebrity waives the air fees (and all other penalty/fees) if you test positive within 10 days of embarkation. You might not want to go through the hassle, but I'm pretty sure they shouldn't have charged you if it is the result of covid.

22 hours ago, SandyR5 said:

I am recovering from Covid, but my heart is still broken about missing this trip. After at least 35 cruises, we finally were getting back!  Not to be. ☹️

sr5 - Of course it is to be, on the next planned sailing!!!

In health and bon voyage

Sorry to hear you missed the cruise and hope you're both feeling well.  Good to see some positive news on these boards once in a while!  Lord knows I'm guilty of commiserating with the negative stuff! 😉

Next year it looks X are using the Silhouette for that itinerary....nothing against the Silhouette, but we were looking forward to booking the Apex for that.

I’m feeling fine…just still miserable about not cruising. There are still some Apex Scandinavia sailings. One would be a B2B with our already booked Iceland/Ireland. Just don’t know if we could do 24 consecutive days!