On the Dawn right now, any questions?

deelightfull

It's been a while *cough* 10 years *cough* since I've been cruising at all, and this is my first NCL cruise, so don't know much about how it is "usually".

I can tell you, we're cruising with a teen, and Entourage, the teen's club is open with one staff member.  She said there are 90 teens on board this sailing.  I saw the kids club was also open and registering kids.

Evening entertainment, eh... First night the main event was circus acts and was about 2/3 full, one show.  Last night I don't even know, didn't get back to the ship till 15 minutes past call time 😱. Not anything I was sad about missing.  Tonight it's the house band playing oldies. 

What else would help? 

• Thanks 1

We are also boarding on the 28th in Stockholm! Can you tell if main restaurants are open for lunch or just the buffet? I was on the Star in May with only 1000 passengers and no lunch in the main dining rooms. 

I too would love to know how many guests are on board. Also if you can find out what the price for a Thermal suite  pass is for the entire cruise ? And how was embarkation in Stockholm? Was it an easy process?

Thx for offering to answer our questions. 

Enjoy your cruise! 

We are on the Dawn out of Southampton, cruising Spain and ending in Rome in October.  Looking forward to it since this is a long awaited cruise (we have rescheduled a cruise now 4 times). 
Sounds like shows are meh.  How is the other on board activities? Bingo, etc?
Looks like by the time we cruise, all COVID testing will no longer be needed (fingers crossed)

I board Dawn in 3 weeks on Aug.16. Also in Stockholm.  I will follow this thread. Which dock was used in Stockholm? How did you get there, Uber or bus? Let us know about the ports and where you dock in Copenhagen. 

I hope I'm as lucky as you with only 900 pax on my sailing.

We got on in Copenhagen, disembark in Stockholm, and our onboarding in Copenhagen was super smooth. It may have helped that we were trying to squeeze the last out of Copenhagen and didn't board till 2pm, but it was much easier than going though San Pedro port in LA a million years ago.

Bus 25 dropped us off right at the terminal, and it was like 15 minutes till we were walking aboard. 

Nothing on the ship is closed, that I know of. It seems like we're "fully operational".

I'll check on the restaurant when I get back on board. And see if I can post some photos of the dailies 😁

Edited by deelightfull
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, eurodolphin said:

We are also boarding on the 28th in Stockholm! Can you tell if main restaurants are open for lunch or just the buffet? I was on the Star in May with only 1000 passengers and no lunch in the main dining rooms. 

I too would love to know how many guests are on board. Also if you can find out what the price for a Thermal suite  pass is for the entire cruise ? And how was embarkation in Stockholm? Was it an easy process?

Enjoy your cruise! 

Just off the Dawn, Stockholm to Copenhagen. Embarkation was crowded when I went, which is always going to be the case, not sure how people expect otherwise- it takes time to process people, no matter how organized and efficient. And they were checking arrival times and asking people to wait.

We also had about 900 onboard, never any crowds in restaurants.  Our entertainment was excellent, although the vocalist for 2 shows left when we did.  No circus act for us, although there were aerialists in the final show (Elements), so perhaps they arrived during the cruise in preparation for the next cruise.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, deelightfull said:

We got on in Copenhagen, disembark in Stockholm, and our onboarding in Copenhagen was super smooth. It may have helped that we were trying to squeeze the last out of Copenhagen and didn't board till 2pm, but it was much easier than going though San Pedro port in LA a million years ago.

Bus 25 dropped us off right at the terminal, and it was like 15 minutes till we were walking aboard. 

Nothing on the ship is closed, that I know of. It seems like we're "fully operational".

I'll check on the restaurant when I get back on board. And see if I can post some photos of the dailies 😁

Thx for the information!

6 hours ago, deelightfull said:

deelightfull, do you remember the name of the dock in Copenhagen? It looks like there are 3 that could be used. My stop there is just for the day, I am planning ahead for the fastest way into the city to maximize my short visit to Copenhagen, 10:00am to 6:00pm.

2 hours ago, susiesan said:

deelightfull, do you remember the name of the dock in Copenhagen? It looks like there are 3 that could be used. My stop there is just for the day, I am planning ahead for the fastest way into the city to maximize my short visit to Copenhagen, 10:00am to 6:00pm.

Cruise ships arriving in Copenhagen dock at the Freeport Cruise Terminal, located in an industrial harbor and the cruise ship terminal Langelinie. (google search)

I took the post-cruise excursion.  Had a 5:30 flight, we got to the airport by about 2:30.  Tour included city tour, shopping in the city center, and a 1hr canal tour - including the little mermaid.

On 7/22/2022 at 9:19 PM, eurodolphin said:

Enjoy your cruise! 

Sad too say, it's just the buffet for lunch. I keep forgetting to check on the cost of the thermal pass, but we're next to the spa, I'll get it soon. 😁

6 minutes ago, deelightfull said:

Sad too say, it's just the buffet for lunch. I keep forgetting to check on the cost of the thermal pass, but we're next to the spa, I'll get it soon. 😁

Thx that's what I thought! No worries about the Thermal suite price, if you think about it, great! If not, well it's your vacation right? 😁

How are the ports so far? Are there shuttle buses when the town is not walkable? 

And how about the weather? 

Thanks for taking time to do this and enjoy your cruise! 

On 7/22/2022 at 9:19 PM, eurodolphin said:

Thermal suite  pass is for the entire cruise ?

$229 for a 9 day cruise, $219 for an 8 day cruise!  😁

We were the first ones to go to Karlskrona, and it was delightful!  A free little train (like at your local amusement park) took us into town.  Super cute town, lovely parks and churches. And the Naval museum was AWESOME. Lots of interactive exhibits. 

Klaipedia we hired one of the taxi drivers just off the port and he took us to the dunes and the Witch's Forrest and to peek over the border at Russia.  🤣 Good times!

In Helsinki, there's a shuttle bus to take you downtown, 10€ round trip.  If you don't pay someone to take you into town, it's a 2k walk.  Not the worst, not the best. 

Weather has mostly been tee shirt weather, but leaving Helsinki tonight, I've got my sweatshirt on! 

• Thanks 1

Hi, is the ship offering any folk shows?  I think some were planned when the ship originally stopped in St.Pertersburg.   Do you have any of the dailies?  Thanks for reporting, hope you are having a good time.  We are on August 16.  

18 hours ago, eurodolphin said:

Really appreciate all your information! In other threads I read that people experienced some shortage of certain alcohol brands/drinks.

Any thoughts on this? 

Hope you are still having a  great time on board!

I don't drink alcohol, so I can tell you they have plenty of diet Pepsi 🤣

Folk shows? Like folk music? Or like regional preformers?  I'm not sure what you mean.  The big evening shows have been cover music, an airialists show, an act that bills themselves as a "circus" act, and a goofy version of American Idol.  Tonight it's the headline show, Elements.

• Like 1

A couple of thoughts, I was just on the Dawn, Stockholm to Copenhagen.

1. They were checking arrival times in Stockholm and asking people to wait until close to their specified time- this was about 10 am.

2. According to the  Freestyle Daily, you could exchange for Euros and Swedish Krona at guest services. But I have no idea what exchange rate they were using.

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, deelightfull said:

I don't drink alcohol, so I can tell you they have plenty of diet Pepsi 🤣

Folk shows? Like folk music? Or like regional preformers?  I'm not sure what you mean.  The big evening shows have been cover music, an airialists show, an act that bills themselves as a "circus" act, and a goofy version of American Idol.  Tonight it's the headline show, Elements.

I guess I should be more  clear.  I was talking shows with ethic music and dancers in traditional costumes.  So yes, regional performers.  

Glad you enjoyed the Diet Pepsi. Do they have Sprite Zero?  Ty. 

@miloliiThey have some sort of zero calorie sprite, yes!  But, for your other question no ethnic/ regional preformers, 😕.  Our cruise had some airialists, a couple doing "circus acts", a magician, and the house band with four singers.  The circus acts are new this week, a different singer just finished a two week tour. 

14 hours ago, milolii said:

I guess I should be more  clear.  I was talking shows with ethic music and dancers in traditional costumes.  So yes, regional performers.  

Glad you enjoyed the Diet Pepsi. Do they have Sprite Zero?  Ty. 

In my experience, the show including local performers in the Baltic was at St Petersburg, and then only on the ships doing regular runs (the standard Copenhagen round trip). I’ve not seen one offered outside St Petersburg.