NCL Cruises out of Panama

v3cruiser

Hey, just checking if anyone has any news of ships sailing out of panama or even stopping there as a port stop? NCL has many cruises starting out of there but I believe panama is still closed to travelers so not sure whats going on. Its odd NCL is still taking reservations. Anyone know any news?

36 minutes ago, v3cruiser said:

Hey, just checking if anyone has any news of ships sailing out of panama or even stopping there as a port stop? NCL has many cruises starting out of there but I believe panama is still closed to travelers so not sure whats going on. Its odd NCL is still taking reservations. Anyone know any news?

What makes you think that Panama is closed to travelers? Ships from numerous cruise lines have been doing Panama Canal cruises . Vaccinated travelers have been permitted to enter Panama for almost a year.

From the US embassy in Panama:

https://pa.usembassy.gov/covid-19-information/

Effective August 31, 2021, travelers arriving in Panama who present a digital or physical full COVID Vaccination Certificate, showing that they received all required doses of a COVID vaccine approved by the WHO, FDA or EMA at least 14 days prior to their entry, are exempt from all testing and quarantine requirements to enter Panama.

@njhorseman types faster.  🙂  So I'll just add this from the Tourism Panama web site, updated as of July 11, 2022:

"Visitors from all countries are welcome to visit Panama, however, non-vaccinated travelers or travelers with less than 2 (two) doses will have to present a negative COVID-19 test for entry. For more information on entry and testing requirements, refer to the Prior to Traveling Tab."

https://www.tourismpanama.com/plan-your-vacation/advisories/?utm_source=google&utm_medium=paid_media&utm_campaign=live_for_more&utm_content=text&adara_campaignid=15714269906&adarapixelid=111839&utm_source=google&utm_medium=&utm_campaign=&utm_content=LFM&utm_term=panama travel restrictions&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI_p_bitmN-QIVDbbICh2AswF2EAAYASAAEgLcQfD_BwE

• Haha 1

yes, it appears I may have looked at a posting from march 2021.

Thanks for the info. Im just nervous my cruise may be cancelled. Ive already done the panama canal but this time going the other way and hitting the abc islands, cr, and 2 stops in columbia. just nervous as prices seem low for those cruises  starting in panama city and ending in colon.

Just itching to cruise again as it will be over 3 years if this cruise holds and doesnt get cancelled like a few others we had over the years.

Edited by v3cruiser

On 7/22/2022 at 6:09 PM, v3cruiser said:

The Jewel is doing several this coming Jan and Feb.

• Like 1

I would love to do one of these cruises but NCL seems a little steep for a single.  I looked into it and they want 200 percent occupancy unfortunately.  Will have to keep my eye out for a sale or something I guess.