Promotion and OBC removed to booked cruise when adding Prepaid Gratuities?

LittleMissMagic

Hello! Has anyone else run into this with their cruise booking? Is it normal, or a glitch in the system?

I booked this cruise on July 6th taking advantage of that 60% off additional guest "semi-annual sale." This stateroom was booked as "Cruise Only," and I chose to pay the upcharge to make it refundable. Today I was going to add prepaid gratuities ($155), but when I check that box to prepay gratuities, it takes me to this screen:

655357299_CelebrityPrepaidGratuities.thumb.png.729dc153e85d31061e27e9c7ff4cde33.png

It looks like adding prepaid gratuities knocks off my current promotional savings, as well as the OBC. I was hoping to prepay tips (this room is for my in-laws, so I'd like to prepay as much as I can upfront to make things easy for them), but what I thought was going to cost $155 is actually looking like $769.

Is this one of those things that I can call to get sorted out, or should I just opt to pay the gratuities at the end of the cruise to avoid updating my price?

I think it would be worth a call to Celebrity to arrange prepaying the tips so it doesn’t mess up your existing booking with the promo savings and OBC. 

Somehow I’m not surprised, Celebrity’s website is not the best. 

2 hours ago, LittleMissMagic said:

Hello! Has anyone else run into this with their cruise booking? Is it normal, or a glitch in the system?

I booked this cruise on July 6th taking advantage of that 60% off additional guest "semi-annual sale." This stateroom was booked as "Cruise Only," and I chose to pay the upcharge to make it refundable. Today I was going to add prepaid gratuities ($155), but when I check that box to prepay gratuities, it takes me to this screen:

655357299_CelebrityPrepaidGratuities.thumb.png.729dc153e85d31061e27e9c7ff4cde33.png

It looks like adding prepaid gratuities knocks off my current promotional savings, as well as the OBC. I was hoping to prepay tips (this room is for my in-laws, so I'd like to prepay as much as I can upfront to make things easy for them), but what I thought was going to cost $155 is actually looking like $769.

Is this one of those things that I can call to get sorted out, or should I just opt to pay the gratuities at the end of the cruise to avoid updating my price?

Booking online is probably not a very good idea.   Either call them as what you are seeing it AI.  Adding wifi beverage package etc.  o

If  everything is not good to go simply  pay the gratuities on board would be easiest.

8 hours ago, LittleMissMagic said:

In-laws??   As a longtime follower of Victoria on Vacation, I must have missed that chapter.   Best Wishes to you and your spouse.

10 hours ago, Ipeeinthepools said:

In-laws??   As a longtime follower of Victoria on Vacation, I must have missed that chapter.   Best Wishes to you and your spouse.

I knew a Victoria on Vacation follower was going to find this post! I'm not married - I just thought "in-laws" was easier to write than "my boyfriend's parents." Aaron and I will be taking his parents on their first cruise this year, and it will be my first time sailing Celebrity!