entertainment on Royal Alaska

sunsetme

Just some Alaskan-based lectures and talks—Libby Riddles, sled dog puppies, a naturalist and Steve (forgot his name!), an Alaskan folk singer.  Also Alaskan beer tasting, Alaskan spirits, Alaska food and cuisine.

Same trivia, game shows, bingo, etc as are on most Princess ships.  

2 hours ago, sunsetme said:

anything new? I have seen so many Princess shows, entertainment has been mundane. Please tell me there is something interesting on Royal this Alaska season.

Does Colours Of The World count? 😋  "Can you feel it?  Can you FEEL it?  CAN YOU FEEL IT?" 🤪

No, it's just the above show plus Sweet Soul Music and Encore.  Libby was on both legs of my B2B (as well as my first Alaska cruise 12 years earlier, so guessing she's a regular!).  Otherwise, lots of game shows and trivia as mentioned, and the naturalists on Glacier Bay day.  Comedian, vocalist, the soprano from Encore.

Edited by cityguy300

10 hours ago, sunsetme said:

anything new? I have seen so many Princess shows, entertainment has been mundane. Please tell me there is something interesting on Royal this Alaska season.

If you want new, book Discovery Princess which has Spotlight Bar and (newish) Rock Opera.

We sailed Royal July 9-16.  I skipped the first two production shows (had seen before) but LOVED Sweet Soul Music and went to BOTH presentations.  TWO nights they had a Whitney H impersonater we had seen before (very good), but we didn't bother.  We enjoyed the Ukrainian sibling violin duet and the popular music group in Piazza a few times.  

No lack of music, lectures and entertainment on board.  We mostly enjoyed the views from our balcony.