Majestic Princess just announced Skagway has been canceled?

Ptroxx

9 hours ago, harryfat1 said:

The new damage report that just came out is saying the area is not safe so they are not docking at the Railroad forward dock.

Someone provided this link on the Alaska board. Looks like many Princess ships this week will be impacted, not just the Majestic - The Royal/Discovery/Grand will likely have their docking schedule changed.

https://cruisefever.net/princess-alters-a-few-itineraries-on-cruises-to-alaska/

We will be in Skagway in two week so this will have us scrambling to learn at ISP as we have never been there.

There's not a lot to do at ISP.  Skyride and lots of shops.  The lines at the donut shop were ridiculous and the wait for the Crab restaurant was an hour.  We found seats at the bar and were going to order the famous Bloody Marys but were totally ignored by the two waitresses.

6 minutes ago, suzyed said:

There's not a lot to do at ISP.  Skyride and lots of shops.  The lines at the donut shop were ridiculous and the wait for the Crab restaurant was an hour.  We found seats at the bar and were going to order the famous Bloody Marys but were totally ignored by the two waitresses.

The best option at ISP is a whale watching tour. Glacier Wind and Hoonah Travel Adventures are both excellent.

24 minutes ago, cruisequeen4ever said:

It’s good they figured out there’s more damage before anyone got hurt! It’s a shame to miss Skagway, but hopefully all the ships can find a replacement stop. 

Me personally I’m ok with it as I’ve been to Skagway b4.   
but haven’t been to icy strait b4. So I’m ok with the change next week if needed.  

We will be on he Discovery next week. There are only three ships in port the day we are there so I wonder if they can move us from RRF to RRA? 

Kids and I were so looking forward to the train ride at Skagway so really hope we don’t miss it. 

6 minutes ago, MommyOTwins said:

We will be on he Discovery next week. There are only three ships in port the day we are there so I wonder if they can move us from RRF to RRA? 

Kids and I were so looking forward to the train ride at Skagway so really hope we don’t miss it. 

I’m also on that cruise. And they won’t be docking there this week.  
im sure many people will be upset about missing that port, it’s beautiful.  

22 minutes ago, azbirdmom said:

Here’s a picture I took from our balcony last Thursday of the older slide that is deemed capable of causing catastrophic damage.  Very glad they have closed this area of the dock. 

265AB80C-615C-4A86-8E58-5F58D0EFBBF6.jpeg

You can certainly see why there is concern.