Online Check-in question

Drew B 58

What information do you need to provide during the online check-in?  I will be sailing with someone from a different time zone and it will be difficult to contact her when I’m doing it, so I want to be sure I have all of the information from her in advance.

If you're going to use a Passport, you need that information as well as the credit card you want linked to your account. You also need your emergency contact information, and your KTN if you have one. You don't have to put your KTN but I always do. If you don't know what a KTN is, then you don't have one.

Carnival also asks your flight information, though I have never included that in my check-in information. They ask about parking, and your check-in time as well. 

19 minutes ago, Buffettfan 225 said:

From my experience you can skip all the questions, check in online to get a time slot and go back and fill in. 

That was really my concern!  I want to try for as early a time slot as I can get…

2 hours ago, Buffettfan 225 said:

From my experience you can skip all the questions, check in online to get a time slot and go back and fill in. 

This is correct.  It is exactly what I do all the time.  I wake up and get the time slot I want and go back to bed and do all the rest later.

• Like 1

I am good at math, and last cruise as Platinum level, checkin allowed at 18days go figure. I will keep you posted on checkin for Aug cruise. Maybe a computer glitch? I am concerned this cruise though, traveling with disabled senior parents that are “gold” and hope to get close boarding times. 

On 7/26/2022 at 7:13 PM, Moviela said:

Yes, however, 16 days for Platinum/Diamond. Check in starts at midnight (Eastern.)

If one person in the room is Platinum does the entire room get to check in 16 days ahead of time?  Or can the Gold member attend the earlier check in time with the Platinum member?

On 7/26/2022 at 1:28 PM, teknoge3k said:

If you're going to use a Passport, you need that information as well as the credit card you want linked to your account. You also need your emergency contact information, and your KTN if you have one. You don't have to put your KTN but I always do. If you don't know what a KTN is, then you don't have one.

Carnival also asks your flight information, though I have never included that in my check-in information. They ask about parking, and your check-in time as well. 

LMAO...... KTN??????? 

Why do you say KTN and not explain what it is? 

If you don't know what NAJUWN$BBJJ is then you can not board!!

1 hour ago, Bernardo62 said:

LMAO...... KTN??????? 

Why do you say KTN and not explain what it is? 

If you don't know what NAJUWN$BBJJ is then you can not board!!

Glad you're amused. That didn't take much. Yes, it has a place to put your KTN, or Known Traveler Number when you check in. If you have a KTN then you know what it is, and can put it in though not required. If you don't know what a KTN is, then you probably don't have one.

1 hour ago, teknoge3k said:

Glad you're amused. That didn't take much. Yes, it has a place to put your KTN, or Known Traveler Number when you check in. If you have a KTN then you know what it is, and can put it in though not required. If you don't know what a KTN is, then you probably don't have one.

Is this KTN like a Trusted Traveler (NEXUS, Global Entry) ID number?

5 hours ago, teknoge3k said:

I will let you assume what NAJUWN$BBJJ is!!! 

20 hours ago, Buffettfan 225 said:

I am good at math, and last cruise as Platinum level, checkin allowed at 18days go figure. I will keep you posted on checkin for Aug cruise. Maybe a computer glitch? I am concerned this cruise though, traveling with disabled senior parents that are “gold” and hope to get close boarding times. 

We are Diamond so checkin is 16 days. Had 7 cruises since restart and have never seen 18 day checkin. Must have been a glitch. As to check8n times, we usually choose 12-12:30 and have had no problem with others in our group who are Gold getting that same time. Good luck and happy cruising!

• Like 1