How full was your most recent cruise?

roberts2005

On 7/26/2022 at 5:25 PM, roberts2005 said:

I’m just off the July 12th Insignia , New York to Bermuda cruise.  Was told the ship was fully occupied (680). Might have been more as there were many kids on board.

How was occupancy on your most recent cruise?

Kids on board. Oh no, that is surprising, there is nothing for them to do. We chose O because of NO kids. Dont want it to change. 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, jonthomas said:

Kids on board. Oh no, that is surprising, there is nothing for them to do. We chose O because of NO kids. Dont want it to change. 

They do allow children 

You may not have many  but then again you may have quite a few

Viking has no children under 18 policy  maybe try them

1 hour ago, jonthomas said:

The kids were all well behaved.  I mentioned them only because it increased the number on board

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jonthomas said:

Over the years we had some kids on board O cruises on multiple occasions - passengers or the family of the crew members. All of them were very well behaved and didn’t cause any inconvenience to other people. On the other hand, occasionally there were some adults on board that weren’t demonstrated the same kind of behaviour. Unfortunately, there’s a chance that you can meet them too.

• Like 6

We were on the Riviera 6/15/22-6/25/22 cruise Rome to Barcelona, so just last month.  We understand there were about 800 passengers.  Never felt crowded, no lines anywhere.  For the breakfast buffet I was never more than 2nd in line for a fresh omelet. There were never lines for getting off the ship in the port stops or the tender boats (only in St. Tropez). We felt the staffing levels were quite satisfactory, and no aspect of service was lacking.

We actually did see a few kids, unexpectedly.  But they seemed well behaved, and didn't interfere.  Personally, I wouldn't take kids on Oceania.  

9 minutes ago, DENIE said:

We were on the Riviera 6/15/22-6/25/22 cruise Rome to Barcelona, so just last month.  We understand there were about 800 passengers.  Never felt crowded, no lines anywhere.  For the breakfast buffet I was never more than 2nd in line for a fresh omelet. There were never lines for getting off the ship in the port stops or the tender boats (only in St. Tropez). We felt the staffing levels were quite satisfactory, and no aspect of service was lacking.

We actually did see a few kids, unexpectedly.  But they seemed well behaved, and didn't interfere.  Personally, I wouldn't take kids on Oceania.  

Kids are not really catered for on Oceania, so it would be up to their families to provide meaningful activities.  We have sailed with kids in the past on Oceania though, and can't recall a single problem.  We love kids, so it certainly wouldn't bother us to sail with young passengers again.  Yes, Viking has a policy of no kids under 18.  Our last cruise was a b2b Viking cruise on Orion.  Magnificent vessel, beautiful public spaces, great entertainment, comfortable bars, BUT food is nowhere near Oceania's standard of cuisine, and the MDR is more like a vast cafeteria.  Specialty restaurants were much better, particularly Manfredi's, but overall, the food was way below par.  We like seasoning, but the food was delivered overly pre-salted to such a degree that many passengers were complaining of swollen ankles.  Staff were all lovely, but lacked that gliding presence of Oceania's restaurant staff.  Others may totally disagree with my observations, of course.

Our June B2B on Marina was about 1/2 full for the first leg, and 1/3 on the second (or so we were told).  As we had Covid on the second leg--for 11 days--I can't tell you how that affected service or ambiance.  Our medical care was excellent, as was the food, and we got a lot of reading done...

Out of our Trivia team of 8, only the two of us were ok. Two quarantined for a week, one taken to hosp in Marseille, one quarantined at the last 3 days, two tested pos when they got home....

We did not wear masks anywhere. Most of them did. 

All were fully vaxed to get on ship.

This was in March/April

Not sure what I take away from all this. Not sure what science says about it. 

On 7/27/2022 at 6:33 PM, JeffElizabeth said:

We were on a Mediterranean/Atlantic cruise in March and April. About 700 out of 1200 in the Atlantic. Down to 500 after Rome. We enjoyed not having to wait for elevators or excursions.  

Just started  our cruise  from Athens to Barcelona on Riviera  ,and there are just under 1000 aboard. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, RetiredLifer said:

On Insignia right now (8/6), New York to Reykjavik.  We have 658 passengers.

That sounds pretty full.   Any signs of Covid.   There were posts about people testing positive after the Bermuda cruises

11 hours ago, roberts2005 said:

That sounds pretty full.   Any signs of Covid.   There were posts about people testing positive after the Bermuda cruises

I have nothing to report concerning Covid.  Have heard nothing but that does not mean there are no cases.  Everyone seems to be having a great time.  Day after tomorrow in Reykjavik is the end of the cruise.  My guess is that about twenty to twenty five percent of us are staying on for the next leg.  Word is that there will be fewer passengers aboard but will post when I hear a figure. CD Ray.Carr is going to be replaced with Cory who will be training a new CD who is coming over from Viking.

• Like 1

From NCL's 2nd Qtr results just published:

"Occupancy in the second quarter was 65%, in line with previously outlined expectations, and a 17-point improvement over the prior quarter. Numerous voyages, across several key markets, achieved occupancy levels north of 100% during the quarter. According to a press release, consistent with its core strategy to focus on maximizing long-term pricing, the company continues to expect quarterly occupancy levels to sequentially increase and reach historical levels for the second quarter of 2023. Occupancy is expected to average in the low 80% range in the third quarter of 2022 with July voyages averaging approximately 85%."

• Like 1