Changing package from cruise only to all included

jandj1224

If the OP called Celebrity and they said no to changing to AI, I believe thats the answer since Celebrity was asked. And yes, some X agents make mistakes, but……

Assume as with any reservation, current reservation can be canceled with the insuring penalties of whatever and rebook AI at the current pricing and availability. 

Den

1 hour ago, wrk2cruise said:

In the past you were able to upgrade stateroom category after final payment at the prevailing rate without having to cancel and rebook and eat the penalty.

You can still do that, but that isn’t what the OP wants to do. Most do that if the ‘upgrade’ covers the loss or is a great deal. 

Den

59 minutes ago, Denny01 said:

You can still do that, but that isn’t what the OP wants to do. Most do that if the ‘upgrade’ covers the loss or is a great deal. 

Den

My point was it would make sense for Celebrity to take the AI upgrade at the prevailing rates providing it was more $$ than their original fare.    I'm surprised they won't do this.

Didn’t get a chance to add, but the AI maybe seen by Celebrity as something to get customers to book the SR, not just a way to get money as a standalone. Dont know and didnt do the math to see.

den

I booked through a travel agent and was able to change Cruise Only to All Included, paying the difference in price. This was done on July 16, after they changed from Always Included to All Included.

On 7/27/2022 at 1:27 AM, jandj1224 said:

Has anyone had success changing their package after final payment?  

I was told earlier this evening that would be possible and when calling back now I'm being told it isn't an option.

I don't know the price implications but why not just check out the price of a basic internet package and a classic drinks package? You can still book both of those.