Enchanted Princess HDMI

Yowman

5 minutes ago, chubbypiggy said:

When is your next cruise on the Enchanted so you can try your new method?  We will be on the Enchanted next March, and would like to use the toggle switch, and the connection to HDMI so we can use our portable media player.  

On all our past cruises, except Discovery Princess, we were always successful connecting to the HDMI input and were able to use our portable media player.

Thank you!

The "new" method I was using wasn't actually new but I would have preferred to use my Roku device to view my movies if I could have. It allows for using an earpiece with the remote so as to not disturb others sleeping. I don't even think my Roku will feed an USB input but I didn't have a cable to even try it.

Plugging a hard drive directly into the USB worked fine as long as it was formatted for NTFS and not exFAT.  

btw - I was using a 2 TB Seagate HD and didn't need any external power. If you device does need power, be sure to bring a very short AC splitter cord to utilize  the same AC that the TV does. It's hard to unplug the TV & reconnect. 

1 hour ago, MissP22 said:

The "new" method I was using wasn't actually new but I would have preferred to use my Roku device to view my movies if I could have. It allows for using an earpiece with the remote so as to not disturb others sleeping. I don't even think my Roku will feed an USB input but I didn't have a cable to even try it.

Plugging a hard drive directly into the USB worked fine as long as it was formatted for NTFS and not exFAT.  

btw - I was using a 2 TB Seagate HD and didn't need any external power. If you device does need power, be sure to bring a very short AC splitter cord to utilize  the same AC that the TV does. It's hard to unplug the TV & reconnect. 

Thank you.

I have a long cruise coming up and decided to try out a travel projector that connects to your phone, lap top, tablet etc 

Cue the comments “Why would you want to watch TV on Vacation?” 
Answer- “Because I Do”

Sharing for anyone else who may be interested in a work around since the TV’s  seemed to be reconfigured. 

Amazon has a few, read reviews and connectivity for your particular device. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jadn13 said:

Sharing for anyone else who may be interested in a work around since the TV’s  seemed to be reconfigured. 

Do they have anything to do directly with Princess TV's?

7 minutes ago, 555 said:

Do they have anything to do directly with Princess TV's?

You don’t use the TV you stream from your own device since the HDMI option  on the Tv’s is reportedly not operational anymore 

1 hour ago, Jadn13 said:

I have a long cruise coming up and decided to try out a travel projector that connects to your phone, lap top, tablet etc 

Cue the comments “Why would you want to watch TV on Vacation?” 
Answer- “Because I Do”

I've used a Kodak Luma 350. Works ok, but a little cumbersome finding space on the wall.

• Like 1

I would never actually try this for myself...but I just wonder if *maybe* you took along your own universal remote that you could get around the "locked" HDMI port access?  If this was done via some type of remote unit programming then that might work.  We tend to never spend that much time in our cabin such that we would want to watch a movie!

If the Enchanted has LG TV's like other PCL ships, both work. 

The universal LG remote from Amazon, that does not require programming, is about $10.  Worked for me on the Royal a few weeks ago.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08GLZLLTJ?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

Edited by tcdcruiser

8 minutes ago, tcdcruiser said:

If the Enchanted has LG TV's like other PCL ships, both work. 

The universal LG remote from Amazon, that does not require programming, is about $10.  Worked for me on the Royal a few weeks ago.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08GLZLLTJ?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

Once you switch the input to USB, unless your device requires a separate remote, their remote works just fine. 

The HDMI input is no longer an option to be connected to, unless the TV's are different in different cabins.

5 hours ago, 555 said:

Once you switch the input to USB, unless your device requires a separate remote, their remote works just fine. 

The HDMI input is no longer an option to be connected to, unless the TV's are different in different cabins.

Good to know. Thanks.