No perks using a TA?

On a whim a decided to see the percentage we are getting in OBC for our upcoming B2B.  We're getting 13.5% in OBC and a dinner for two.  That adds up pretty quick.  Service from the TA was obviously better pre-pandemic, but like I have said, I am mainly interested in the perks.

• Like 1

On 7/28/2022 at 1:19 PM, rrraydon said:

A friend recommended her TA that she uses to book all of her cruises. In the last 3 weeks I booked 4 cruises. 2 on RC website and 2 with this TA. My price was the same as the website for the 2 bookings with this TA…no perks…no OBC.. nothing. 
I’m wondering why she uses a TA at all and thinking this is the last time I will. I see no benefit. 

I never have been able to beat my TA's prices and perks, even with RC

• Like 2

On 7/29/2022 at 7:03 AM, molly361 said:

This sounds amazingly like my TA whom I also met on a cruise before he became one.  What a coincidence 😇  He's the best!!  

On 7/28/2022 at 8:05 PM, brillohead said:

My TA is available to me practically 24/7/365. We communicate almost exclusively via email, but he's also available by phone.  I've sent him booking requests at 11pm and gotten a confirmation email back within the hour on more than one occasion.  Even when he's traveling/cruising himself, he's available to me.  I think maybe the longest it's ever taken him to return an email was maybe 8 hours, and that was because I emailed him in the evening and he replied the next morning.  

Travel agents in general aren't better or worse than booking on your own.  But the RIGHT travel agent is priceless.  

I've never had the privilege to meet this TA, but after reading posts from both of you for some time in threads like this, i'm 99% sure we are all talking about the same person. I sent an email last Sunday afternoon and got a response in under 3 minutes. While I dont ever expect that kind of responsiveness, this is the level of service that is typical of what he delivers. As long as he is working, I'll book every cruise with him.  

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, MiniChunks said:

I've never had the privilege to meet this TA, but after reading posts from both of you for some time in threads like this, i'm 99% sure we are all talking about the same person. I sent an email last Sunday afternoon and got a response in under 3 minutes. While I dont ever expect that kind of responsiveness, this is the level of service that is typical of what he delivers. As long as he is working, I'll book every cruise with him.  

He was a friend before he became a TA.  We met on the Freedom Christmas 2014

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, molly361 said:

He was a friend before he became a TA.  We met on the Freedom Christmas 2014

I got crafty with google after some CC reading and found him. Top notch guy and amazing care for his clients. I hope to end up sailing with him someday. 

@molly361Just realized that I will be on the Voyager/Adventure Christmas cruise with you next year. I lurked on the roll call but haven't said anything. 

Edited by MiniChunks
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, MiniChunks said:

He replied to me while he was walking his dog the other night.   His response times are amazing -- if I hadn't met him in person, I'd swear he was a robot because he is ALWAYS available!  His wife, I've decided, is an absolute saint.  

• Like 2