excursion discounts

georgiacat

Hawaii is easy to explore in your own, however, you would need a car to visit most places.  I am not sure what the current rental car situation is right now with regard to availability, but you have time.   What do you want to do?  Some ports you can indeed visit on your own, such as Kailua-Kona.  There are some private companies as well. 

Edited by milolii

sorry, not in this lifetime. only the $50 off per excursion, and whatever % you get off based on your latitude status.

sometimes (depending on the port) i just get off the ship, wander around the city  and take pictures, or take the tour descriptions with me, talk to any cab driver (there are usually a bunch) at the port, show him what i want, and try and negotiate a decent price. this has worked for me many times in the past 

I have never seen sales on excursions through NCL...unlike RCI.

We did the ship excursions when we did this cruise. We explored Honolulu on our own before cruising...day tip to Lahaina at Maui...tour of the big island including going up the volcano and a Luau on Oahu...all well worth the cost.

1 hour ago, georgiacat said:

Does NCL have discount sales on excursions, etc., like maybe Black Friday?  We are sailing POA next May.  Do you recommend their excursions vs. private excursions in ports?

Check out Roberts Hawai’i for tours. They usually mirror, well almost, the ship’s tours. Well worth having a look-see…