ArriveCAN help

ImperialLady

We just downloaded the ArriveCAN..whew it took a while😳 I won't go into the details, just know I am the least tech knowledgeable person possible. We haven't opened it yet but did look at it online a bit....but I/we wanted to know if each person has to download it or can my husband and myself use the sam one? And should we also fill it out on line and print it off as I read the reception at the Seattle port ws sketchy at best. TIA

3 minutes ago, ImperialLady said:

We just downloaded the ArriveCAN..whew it took a while😳 I won't go into the details, just know I am the least tech knowledgeable person possible. We haven't opened it yet but did look at it online a bit....but I/we wanted to know if each person has to download it or can my husband and myself use the sam one? And should we also fill it out on line and print it off as I read the reception at the Seattle port ws sketchy at best. TIA

1 person can fill it out for themselves, their spouse and any minor children.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, ImperialLady said:

They will want to see your QR code from the ArriveCAN App, or your printed paper copy.  I always print the copy of my documents, like that or covid tests, etc

In case there is a problem pulling up on my phone.  You have to show your vax card, passport and other documents anyway.  I assume you’re leaving soon?

Here’s a guide from CC that might help if you haven’t already seen it.

https://www.cruisecritic.com/articles.cfm?ID=6954

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I just called their toll free number (833) yesterday.  For those traveling with a non-spouse, you can also fill out the information on your app/computer to include them.  Be sure to save inputs.  

I just wish I didn't have to wait until 72 hours prior to fill out all the other required stuff.  I have my flight info and hotel info.

Edited by cr8tiv1
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

They will want to see your QR code from the ArriveCAN App, or your printed paper copy.  I always print the copy of my documents, like that or covid tests, etc

In case there is a problem pulling up on my phone.  You have to show your vax card, passport and other documents anyway.  I assume you’re leaving soon?

Here’s a guide from CC that might help if you haven’t already seen it.

https://www.cruisecritic.com/articles.cfm?ID=6954

Thank you for all the info. We will print out hard copies. And thanks for the link, I had not seen it. Our cruise is not until 8/28/22 on the Discovery, but we wanted to get as much as possible done in advance. We knew we couldn't fill out the ArriveCAM until 72 hrs. before we cruise and after we get out antigen test, but just wanted to have it downloaded. I am sure when it's time to fill it out my husband will be able to figure it out.🤞Again thanks..I know many of you answer the same questions over and over again, with grace and patience and I want you to know it's appreciated.

• Like 1

Just now, ImperialLady said:

Thank you for all the info. We will print out hard copies. And thanks for the link, I had not seen it. Our cruise is not until 8/28/22 on the Discovery, but we wanted to get as much as possible done in advance. We knew we couldn't fill out the ArriveCAM until 72 hrs. before we cruise and after we get out antigen test, but just wanted to have it downloaded. I am sure when it's time to fill it out my husband will be able to figure it out.🤞Again thanks..I know many of you answer the same questions over and over again, with grace and patience and I want you to know it's appreciated.

No problem.  I always prepare too. 
Have fun!

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, cr8tiv1 said:

I just called their toll free number (833) yesterday.  For those traveling with a non-spouse, you can also fill out the information on your app/computer to include them.  Be sure to save inputs.  2 hours 

I just wish I didn't have to wait until 72 hours prior to fill out all the other required stuff.  I have my flight info and hotel info.

Do I understand it took 2 hrs to fill out??😵 Perhaps we should look at it more thoroughly on line

Just now, ImperialLady said:

Do I understand it took 2 hrs to fill out??😵 Perhaps we should look at it more thoroughly on line

I just edited this post.  The 2 hours belonged to the 7 (as in 72).  I wondered where it went.  

But yes, learning curve can take a while (for some).  I've been working on this off and on.  Don't think I spent a total of that much time.  I think it is equal to the State of Hawaii's Safe Travels app a while back, so I had lots of practice.

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, ImperialLady said:

This is the latest Canada website I show detailing ArriveCAN.  I would just recheck the website when your ready to fill it out, in case their are updates.

https://www.canada.ca/en/border-services-agency/services/arrivecan.html

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, cr8tiv1 said:

I just edited this post.  The 2 hours belonged to the 7 (as in 72).  I wondered where it went.  

But yes, learning curve can take a while (for some).  I've been working on this off and on.  Don't think I spent a total of that much time.  I think it is equal to the State of Hawaii's Safe Travels app a while back, so I had lots of practice.

hahahaha...that made me go get another glass of wine! Like Scarlett I am going to think about it tomorrow☺️

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

This is the latest Canada website I show detailing ArriveCAN.  I would just recheck the website when your ready to fill it out, in case their are updates.

https://www.canada.ca/en/border-services-agency/services/arrivecan.html

Again I thank you..I have book marked it and will check before we fill it out for any updates.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, ImperialLady said:

You can create your account on the app ahead of time and register all your personal information. The app will save it and then you can enter your trip details 72 hour before your trip. It is fairly easy to use and if your personal information is already saved in the app it is really quick to enter your tip details. Your passport and vaccine info can all be entered/uploaded now with your personal info. You can always update any personal info later on if needed.

Edited by ringers0815
  • Thanks 1

We got off Discovery a couple weeks ago.  We had Arrivecan done & had the QR code saved.

Got a sheet of paper in the stateroom saying to show it to our cabin Steward.

I caught him out in the hall & asked if he wanted to see them?  He said, Oh ugh, thanks.

DIDN'T ask to see it.  He either believed me or too busy?

Passengers got off in Victoria quickly & I was expecting someone to show it to?

Nope.

Reminded me of the Green Lane & Boarding times we do.... that nobody actually pays attention to.

I guess we will continue to do Arrivecan, for if and when somebody asks for it?😜

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, cr8tiv1 said:

I think it is equal to the State of Hawaii's Safe Travels app a while back, so I had lots of practice.

Lol…. It’s funny how quickly I forget about painful experiences.

Made one silly mistake on that app that cost us 2.5 hours trying to get out of Kauai’s airport after we landed.

Let’s hope history doesn’t repeat itself for us in Canada in a couple months 😉

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, ringers0815 said:

You can create your account on the app ahead of time and register all your personal information. The app will save it and then you can enter your trip details 72 hour before your trip. It is fairly easy to use and if your personal information is already saved in the app it is really quick to enter your tip details. Your passport and vaccine info can all be entered/uploaded now with your personal info. You can always update any personal info later on if needed.

thanks I just showed this to my husband he says to tell you thanks and he will tackle it next weekend. I and a list person and I like to see my items checked off on my list!!😉

• Like 3

Once you have filled in all your information you will get a QR code, take a screen shot and you’re good to go.  Once you submit it CBSA has your information and except for cabin steward it’s unlikely anyone will ask to see it.  You may also receive a customs declaration form in your cabin this is separate from the ArriveCAN app and is quick and easy to fill out.

• Thanks 1

We board in New-York and head to Halifax, Sidney, Greenland, St-John's NFLD and back to New-York and fly to Montreal.

I know we need to fill the app before boarding.

But do we need to fill it again coming back from Greenland?

And another time for flight from New-York?

Its all a little confusing for us as we go in and out of the country.

We boarded in Seattle two weeks ago and I did fill out the trip information within 72 hours of boarding.  Very easy.  You do need to indicate Victoria as the Canadian port and the location is something like Ogden Pier 1 & 2.  There's a lot of other dropdowns that appear but having been there before I knew that was the right one.  We did show it to our steward and he said he just checked us off the list.  It's all electronic so other than being asked at check in if we had completed ArriveCan, we didn't have to show it to anyone else.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, LouCoop said:

We board in New-York and head to Halifax, Sidney, Greenland, St-John's NFLD and back to New-York and fly to Montreal.

I know we need to fill the app before boarding.

But do we need to fill it again coming back from Greenland?

And another time for flight from New-York?

Its all a little confusing for us as we go in and out of the country.

I have been looking at this for our upcoming cruise that begins in Quebec City and ends in Florida.  Based on what I understand you will need two ArriveCAN submissions

• Before initially boarding the cruise from NYC
  • Before boarding your flight from NYC back to Canada

https://travel.gc.ca/travel-covid/travel-restrictions/cruise

• Thanks 1