Retreat Accessible Sky Suite on Silhoutte; what is included?

smd8z

First time cruising on Celebrity and I've seen conflicting information about what is actually included with the Retreat Sky Suite we booked on the Silhoutte. On the website it says:

"As a guest of The Retreat, you’ll also enjoy a long list of thoughtfully curated amenities that start with four newly added perks*—premium drinks, premium Wi-Fi, tips, and an onboard credit to spend almost any way you like." and "Enjoy your favorite beverages throughout the ship. Whether in your suite, out exploring or relaxing by the pool."

However, after reading the boards it seems that maybe alcoholic drinks are only included in the Retreat but once you move else in the ship, they are not included. Can someone confirm? My reservation is also allowing me to add gratuities but according to the info above, tips are already included....?

Hey, we're taking Silhouette in an accessible Sky Suite as well, the October 20 TA! If you're before us, you can give us feedback, and if not, we can give you feedback! (Or if you're on our cruise, hi neighbor!)

We get the Premium Drinks package, which covers the entire ship (except minibar - have that emptied first thing). My reservation is also showing tips as due, but I am not fussed about it as I know they are included. 

Hope you enjoy it! This will also be our first time in a suite since they added Retreat amenities, so I will follow this thread to see what you learn!

30 minutes ago, smd8z said:

First time cruising on Celebrity and I've seen conflicting information about what is actually included with the Retreat Sky Suite we booked on the Silhoutte. On the website it says:

"As a guest of The Retreat, you’ll also enjoy a long list of thoughtfully curated amenities that start with four newly added perks*—premium drinks, premium Wi-Fi, tips, and an onboard credit to spend almost any way you like." and "Enjoy your favorite beverages throughout the ship. Whether in your suite, out exploring or relaxing by the pool."

However, after reading the boards it seems that maybe alcoholic drinks are only included in the Retreat but once you move else in the ship, they are not included. Can someone confirm? My reservation is also allowing me to add gratuities but according to the info above, tips are already included....?

Retreat includes all that you mentioned.  Unfortunately the cruise planner is not in sync with the confirmed booking reservation.  Don’t worry about it and don’t add any of those options, you’re already covered.

11 minutes ago, GRBlizz said:

Hey, we're taking Silhouette in an accessible Sky Suite as well, the October 20 TA! If you're before us, you can give us feedback, and if not, we can give you feedback! (Or if you're on our cruise, hi neighbor!)

We get the Premium Drinks package, which covers the entire ship (except minibar - have that emptied first thing). My reservation is also showing tips as due, but I am not fussed about it as I know they are included. 

Hope you enjoy it! This will also be our first time in a suite since they added Retreat amenities, so I will follow this thread to see what you learn!

Thank you! We are cruising in January, so I might pick your brain after your cruise! Any idea if the specialty dining is included? Again, its showing that I can add that in the reservation online....? I know Luminae is included, I was wondering more about the other specialty dining restaurants.

11 minutes ago, LGW59 said:

Retreat includes all that you mentioned.  Unfortunately the cruise planner is not in sync with the confirmed booking reservation.  Don’t worry about it and don’t add any of those options, you’re already covered.

Thank you! Odd that they wouldn't have the cruise planner in sync. Any idea if specialty dining is included at the specialty restaurants? I know Luminae is included. 

38 minutes ago, NewWestwardbound said:

No speciality dining include in a Sky Suite; only included in Royal Suite and above. You can purchase speciality dining separately at additional cost, either for a single meal or buy a package. 

Thank you! This helps a lot. I will go ahead and purchase dining at the one specialty restaurant my mom really wants to visit. Luminae is included though, correct? Do you need reservations for that?

Luminae is included and is open for breakfast and dinner everyday.  It is open for lunch on embarkation day and on sea days. You have access to the Retreat Lounge and Retreat Sun Deck.

Drinks from Room Service are not covered by the Beverage Package.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, smd8z said:

Thank you! This helps a lot. I will go ahead and purchase dining at the one specialty restaurant my mom really wants to visit. Luminae is included though, correct? Do you need reservations for that?

Luminae is included, and currently excellent (we are on Silhouette en route to Cadiz as I type this). If you want a specific evening in specific speciality restaurant (say for a birthday or anniversary) my advice would be to book it early (i.e before the cruise) as demand can be high. For example, even though there is a perception - and generally reality - that suites get priority, we could not get a reservation in Murano this evening. 

• Like 1

While we didn't request an accessible Suite we were assigned one.    The cabins are generally a bit larger than the standard Sky Suite with an area to park a Electric chair. 

Our room was arranged a little different allowing for plenty of space for someone in a wheelchair.   Also the safe in the closet was at a lower level for easy access.   They also had a ramp allowing access to the Veranda. 

The bathroom has a high toilet with Bars on two walls around it.    The sinks and mirror are at a lower level and have paddles to turn on the faucets instead of smaller knobs.    The shower has no dams so a wheel chair could be driven into it.   They have support rails and a fold down seat.    

The only problem I observed was the shower.   Without a dam water would flow out of the shower when seas were high and we would have to build a dam out of rolled up towels to keep the bathroom somewhat dry.

Both the Retreat Sundeck (lower level only) and the Retreat are wheelchair accessible.   The Retreat Sundeck spa has a power lift to assist people with mobility problems to access.

As with all of the other suites you will have the All Included - Premium Internet and Drink Packages as well as tips.  

Edited by Jim_Iain
  • Like 1

Luminae does not require reservations, but at lunch on the first day, as a courtesy, we will mention to the Maitre 'd we will see them after the first show of the evening. Once in 21+ nights in a Sky Suite did we ever have to wait for a table at dinner.