Cruise Capacity

avidsailor123

Hi! 

I am planning on returning to cruising and not sure which line / ship to take. I want to make sure I still have access to all the amenities while staying safe. Could anyone provide passenger counts / capacity levels of ships they have been on recently? Thanks!

17 minutes ago, avidsailor123 said:

Hi! 

I am planning on returning to cruising and not sure which line / ship to take. I want to make sure I still have access to all the amenities while staying safe. Could anyone provide passenger counts / capacity levels of ships they have been on recently? Thanks!

Welcome to Cruise Critic. 

If you are focusing on all amenities being available,  as I would, it might be more of a function of crew capacity as opposed to passenger capacity.  Then again, I suppose ships sailing at full guest capacity would be more likely to open all venues.  

I sound like an economist!  One one hand, this.  On the other hand, that.  Not much help I'm afraid.  

2 hours ago, avidsailor123 said:

I read the Carnival and Holland America boards. Recent reports have been the ships are full or nearly capacity, less some bank of cabins left empty for quarantine.

I am not sure what amenities you are thinking of. If you like the spa, shows, bars, inside restaurants, and ships' tours -- you cannot be assured COVID safety. Both boards I follow have several recent threads on people who masked and avoided all or most of the situations I mentioned and still got COVID either on the ship or immediately after the cruise. A number of the reports detail how unsatisfactory the lines' handling of quarantine was, while fewer were happy with it. I did read a review of Viking as very satisfactory treatment in quarantine matters!

The decision is whether the pleasure of cruising is worth the risk FOR YOU.

Oh, and Welcome to Cruise Critic!

Capacity is set at construction.  Occupancy is cruise by cruise.

Reading each cruise line's boards will get you some info.

The cruise lines are losing tons of money sailing sailing less than full. They will return to full occupancy as soon as possible. 

• Like 1