Coke Freestyle Machine

Only the Pinnacle ships have them, and only available as part of the Coca-Cola package.  Assuming they are working!

The Koningsdam had two.  Our first cruise they were both working.  The next cruise a couple years later, they were both disabled for the entire cruise.

Our Trans-Atlantic on the Rotterdam (the first cruise with passengers) had one, and it was disabled the whole time.  That could have been due to Covid restrictions, or maybe the supplies were unavailable in Europe.

We will be on the Nieuw Statendam in a couple of months and really hoping there are available then.

• 3 months later...

Had a couple questions for anyone who's been on the Rotterdam (or even NS or Konigsdam): How many Coke freestyle machines do they have (guessing 1?) and where are they located (in the Lido Buffet?) and do they close at any point during the day or night, or are they always available?

Thanks for any info!

4 minutes ago, Highway27 said:

Had a couple questions for anyone who's been on the Rotterdam (or even NS or Konigsdam): How many Coke freestyle machines do they have (guessing 1?) and where are they located (in the Lido Buffet?) and do they close at any point during the day or night, or are they always available?

Thanks for any info!

Just one, in the Lido pool bar area. It closes at some point overnight,  but don't know the time.

I have friends on Nieuw Statendam now and asked them to check for me to see if the Freestyle Coke machines were still onboard. I specifically sent them to the Lido bar area since that’s where I thought they were on Koningsdam. Not only were my friends unable to find any Freestyle machines, but the crew members they asked who were working in that area seemed to have no idea what my friends were talking about. 

I was thinking of booking another HAL cruise because I thought I could book on a ship with Freestyle Coke machines. The selection of beverages they provide does make a huge difference in my cruise experience. Yes, I’d rather be drinking wine 🍷, beer 🍺, or other adult beverages 🍹, but I am unable to do so at this time for health reasons. I really appreciate the choices I have with Freestyle machines on a cruise.

I’d really appreciate it if anyone currently aboard any of the Pinnacle class ships could give me an update on the whether there still are Freestyle Coke  machines there, and if so, where they are located. Thank you in advance to anyone who can help. 🙏

2 hours ago, perfect match said:

I have friends on Nieuw Statendam now and asked them to check for me to see if the Freestyle Coke machines were still onboard. I specifically sent them to the Lido bar area since that’s where I thought they were on Koningsdam. Not only were my friends unable to find any Freestyle machines, but the crew members they asked who were working in that area seemed to have no idea what my friends were talking about. 

I was thinking of booking another HAL cruise because I thought I could book on a ship with Freestyle Coke machines. The selection of beverages they provide does make a huge difference in my cruise experience. Yes, I’d rather be drinking wine 🍷, beer 🍺, or other adult beverages 🍹, but I am unable to do so at this time for health reasons. I really appreciate the choices I have with Freestyle machines on a cruise.

I’d really appreciate it if anyone currently aboard any of the Pinnacle class ships could give me an update on the whether there still are Freestyle Coke  machines there, and if so, where they are located. Thank you in advance to anyone who can help. 🙏

Here is a photograph of the Coke machines aboard the Nieuw Statendam that i took last year.

https://rogerjett-photography.com/wp-content/gallery/ms-nieuw-statendam/IMG_0307-Edit.jpg

I was on the NS in September and there was one Coke freestyle machine on deck 9. I believe it was by the lido bar if I’m not mistaken. The Koningsdam in august had two of them next to each other on deck 9 as well. I cruise in Rotterdam in a week so I’m hoping they have one on there to. 

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Highway27 said:

Thanks for any info!

The one we used was next to the pool bar on the Rotterdam VII.  Never closed off that we remember.  You can also get soda at any bar with the soda package.  the machine was just a spiral staircase below the NY pizza & Deli.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, perfect match said:

The are on the lido deck, next to the bar.  Think where the Dive In is, and go to that location on the other side of the ship.  Or if you walk out of the Lido restaurant on the Port side going forward towards the midship pool & the spa/gym, it will be on your left (the self-serve beer dispensers will be on your right).

The Konginsdam has 2, while the other Pinnacle ships have just one.  And the NS machine was working great 2 weeks ago (it even ran out of Root Beer, but was restocked later that afternoon).

Mark

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Cruise Suzy said:

Excludes Mini Bar, Honor Bar, Chocolate Seduction, Room Service, beverages on Half Moon Cay, Freestyle Coca-Cola and any self-service draft beer. 

Dang! Almost $400 pp for a week for the Signature pkg and you can’t get a fountain cherry coke.  Hmmmm, it seems you really CAN’T “Have it all”!  😖

• Like 3

4 hours ago, dixiejen said:

Dang! Almost $400 pp for a week for the Signature pkg and you can’t get a fountain cherry coke.  Hmmmm, it seems you really CAN’T “Have it all”!  😖

I agree. It doesn't make sense that you can have 15 - $11 drinks each day with the Signature package, but you can't have a flavored sparkling water out of the freestyle machine.

• Like 2

Per the HAL website, the 7 day unlimited Coca-Cola pkg is $66.08.  Couldn’t find a reference on HAL regarding a pre-cruise discount for drink pkgs but theluxurycruise.com states that there is NO discount on HAL by purchasing pre-cruise.  If that’s the case, I’d use that OBC!

7BCF226B-E0C1-497E-8714-A1D3F9FA77F7.png

21 hours ago, Cruise Suzy said:

From the terms of Signature Beverage Package:

Excludes Mini Bar, Honor Bar, Chocolate Seduction, Room Service, beverages on Half Moon Cay, Freestyle Coca-Cola and any self-service draft beer. 

I am not 100% sure, but I think I saw that if you upgrade to the Signature Beverage Package, the Coca-Cola package (which includes FreeStyle machines) is included.  

The one time I was in a position to try this was on the 1st Rotterdam cruise (the TA) and the FreeStyle machine was not available.

As usual, your mileage may vary!

• Like 1

The way I understand it, the Signature pkg ($371.28 pp for 7 days) includes regular sodas in addition to alcoholic bevs, but does NOT include the Freestyle machine.  You CAN upgrade to the Elite pkg ($412.58 pp for 7 days) which DOES include the Freestyle.  🤨 Pretty crazy that you can pay $66.08 for 7 days with the Coco-Cola pkg and get the Freestyle, but it’s not included in the $371 Signature pkg.  (And of course, there are other exclusions with all of the drink pkgs…)

Come on, HAL…really??  I will henceforth refer to your current promo as the “Kinda Sorta Have It All” …😖

• Like 2

I will be on the Rotterdam for 21 days and upgrading HIA just to be able to use the Freestyle is not a realistic option.  Will consider to occasionally buy a single drink from the Freestyle, assuming that that is possible. Does anyone know how that works and what the price is? One of the things I like about Freestyle is experimenting with just tiny amounts of a strange combination, but I guess that's not an option here.