Lack of excursions in Europe?

Markanddonna

It is about 95 days out on our Med. cruise and NCL doesn't have most of their excursions out- only 46 for a very port intensive cruise. I called and the CSR gave me all sorts of reasons why they aren't posted, but that you can CALL NCL shore excursion's desk and they'll tell you. What? The reasons they aren't posted are all the COVID and travel reasons (they may change the ports, COVID rules, vax status changes, testing changes, etc.)  

Has anyone else experienced this on their MED. cruise?  I was on a TA to England through RCL in May and most of the excursions were SOLD OUT 90-120 days before sailing.  

We were on the EPIC Rome to Rome at the end of May and had no issues booking tours through NCL. That said, with the exception of Pompeii, I would probably do private tours in the future. The NCL guides were great, but I got really tired of constantly waiting for THAT ONE COUPLE who were NEVER on time. Every tour we were on there was ONE COUPLE. It got old. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Twocoasts said:

We were on the EPIC Rome to Rome at the end of May and had no issues booking tours through NCL. That said, with the exception of Pompeii, I would probably do private tours in the future. The NCL guides were great, but I got really tired of constantly waiting for THAT ONE COUPLE who were NEVER on time. Every tour we were on there was ONE COUPLE. It got old. 

I think "that one couple" is one of the biggest reasons I really dislike ship excursions. 

There are only 46 excursions for 12 ports! About five or six have zero excursions!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Markanddonna said:

It is about 95 days out on our Med. cruise and NCL doesn't have most of their excursions out- only 46 for a very port intensive cruise. I called and the CSR gave me all sorts of reasons why they aren't posted, but that you can CALL NCL shore excursion's desk and they'll tell you. What? The reasons they aren't posted are all the COVID and travel reasons (they may change the ports, COVID rules, vax status changes, testing changes, etc.)  

Has anyone else experienced this on their MED. cruise?  I was on a TA to England through RCL in May and most of the excursions were SOLD OUT 90-120 days before sailing.  

I can’t tell from your post.  Did you call the Excursions Desk and ask them when more will show up on the web if they truly have them for purchase.  Maybe it’s a website glitch that can be fixed. 

epic Nov 3, but the Epic on Nov 15 seems to have the same issue. 

I have called the shore excursion desk a few times in the last six months. Their answer used to be "They'll be loading them soon."  Today, I received two different answers:  Maybe 21 days before sailing and the other said they were obviously still working on the details. This is a port intensive cruise with twelve ports. If their problem is a glitch, then the glitch has existed since they posted the sailing. BTW- I'm a pretty experienced cruiser who would just like to use a few ship excursion credits for some ports. I have plans for private excursions for the other ports. 

I went on the website found your cruise and then used "View Cruise" and then "Shore Excursion Credit" and finally "View All Excursions" and that said there were 62.  Try the following link:-

https://www.ncl.com/nz/en/cruises/12-day-mediterranean-from-rome-to-haifa-italy-greece-and-turkey-EPIC12CIVLIVNAPJTRPIRKUSISTPMGRHOLMSASHHFA?sailMonths=4294940494&ships=4294959811&numberOfGuests=4294953449&sortBy=closer_to_me&autoPopulate=f&from=resultpage&itineraryCode=EPIC12CIVLIVNAPJTRPIRKUSISTPMGRHOLMSASHHFA

Edited by casofilia

5 hours ago, Markanddonna said:

At 95 days out, you may have waited too long and excursions are sold out. 

18 minutes ago, casofilia said:

They do list 62 excursions on the NZ site but only 46 on the US site. No excursions for Israel's two ports or Rhodes for either site.