"Plus" drink pkg vs "Premier" drink package

martinitime1

18 minutes ago, martinitime1 said:

Can anyone provide a list or link to what is included spirits wise etc in the two packages? Other than one is up to $12.00 and the other $18.00

What spirits are above that $12.00 threshold?

There have been several threads lately on this - just browse the list for a few pages

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, martinitime1 said:

Can anyone provide a list or link to what is included spirits wise etc in the two packages? Other than one is up to $12.00 and the other $18.00

What spirits are above that $12.00 threshold?

It seems only most of the wines have been affected by this change. I don't know about Good Spirits bar though, if your ship has one and if you go there.

53 minutes ago, Loveh2ofl said:

There have been several threads lately on this - just browse the list for a few pages

Thank you, I did find the thread with all the posted menus. That did pretty much answer my questions.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, prmssk said:

These menus are old.  Drink prices (especially wine) increased in late June.

Thanks. To help anyone coming into this thread and avoid them spending dozens of minutes browsing through threads - these look to be a later version of menus that are inclusive of plus & premium pricing.

The Explorers menu shows a good example of the sorts of splits between Plus & Premium.

9 hours ago, CruisinFinsUp said:

I find it interesting that the Plus wines are listed by type only and not by brand.  
Are they switching to a "house" wine system? Or is it whatever brand the location has?  

Check out the other thread about this. Your comments about "house" wine seem accurate and the change is not popular.

• Like 2

If my memory serves me correctly, there were not too many choices when they did list the brand. Often just one or two Cabs, one Chardonay. When we are at local restaurants, we often just ask for house wine. Typically we just have one glass with the meal, DW has white, chardonnay, and I have a red,

3 hours ago, leck57 said:

Check out the other thread about this. Your comments about "house" wine seem accurate and the change is not popular.

It really has been always “house” wines. It is just that the told you what winery they were from. The was like 1 Chard 1 Pinot Grigio etc 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, memoak said:

It really has been always “house” wines. It is just that the told you what winery they were from. The was like 1 Chard 1 Pinot Grigio etc 

Sooo....it would seem like it wouldn't be too hard to tell you the brand.....and it would make people much happier. I like Chardonnays, but that doesn't mean I like ALL Chardonnays. Maybe if I knew what they were going to serve me, if I don't like it I would pay the upcharge, but to just serve me 'pot luck' is pretty annoying.....

• Like 2

2 hours ago, dreaminofcruisin said:

Sooo....it would seem like it wouldn't be too hard to tell you the brand.....and it would make people much happier. I like Chardonnays, but that doesn't mean I like ALL Chardonnays. Maybe if I knew what they were going to serve me, if I don't like it I would pay the upcharge, but to just serve me 'pot luck' is pretty annoying.....

The bin number is on the menu and one can always look at the complete wine list book with vinyard and prices listed

9 minutes ago, dreaminofcruisin said:

Interesting. I hadn't seen this before. So, is the "complete wine list book" readily available?

We looked at it every night we ate in the MDR or specialty restaurants to pick wine - even tho' on our previous trips we didn't have Plus.  On our next cruise we will have Plus but we'll pick out our favorites, if we can find them for $12 and under, and if not, pay the difference.

11 hours ago, Suite Susie said:

The Plus Package is only House Wines I think. We are currently on Enchanted and they seem to be using Italian wines with Tino on the bottle. We are on the Premier Package, so haven’t tried any yet. 

I won't argue that they will have a series of Italian sourced wines as part of the "house" list.  But I did see one of the new menus posted in a thread here not long ago and there were varietals listed you won't really find produced in Italy.  No doubt there is a representation of Cali plonk in there as well.

40 minutes ago, Slyfox16 said:

With the plus package what is the price a drink can go up to before you have to pay the difference?

My wife likes a martini with either Titos or Gray Goose, but didn't see anything listed for them.

$12

2 hours ago, Slyfox16 said:

With the plus package what is the price a drink can go up to before you have to pay the difference?

My wife likes a martini with either Titos or Gray Goose, but didn't see anything listed for them.

Both should be included. The menu for 007 martini actually says made with Goose and comes in under $12