my complaint with the cruise critics party

moorefunn

ah oh dont be mad

here is my complaint with the cruise critic party

they seem to have it to early in the morning some of us like to sleep in

i missed the last one because it was at 9 30 in the morning

she who must be obeyed (my lovely wife) must get up ofly early to be ready for this

any others like us

HI WOLF...You should plan your own party along with the CC party. We always have strong groups from Cruise Critics that plan and execute a load of group activities...so the CC party is just one of them. Use the Roll Call section here on CC and start or join a thread for your cruise. Take a look at what other groups are doing...especially on RCI and Princess. You will get ideas and be able to get a strong group together. We have done a lot of crazy stuff in the past 2 years to try and liven up the CC group. We have had Cabin Poker Crawls, Slot Pulls, and Pub Crawls etc. and all have been hilarious with great attendance. The CC fun should not be limited to the official CC party. We have found that group activity actually strengthens the CC party. 2 years ago we had more than 120 CC members attend the official CC Party on the JEWEL OF THE SEAS...RCI told us that this was the biggest CC gathering they had ever seen and RCI was overjoyed that it was so successful.

So...PLAN PLAN PLAN!!!

ROSS

We've never had a party scheduled at that time and if it was 9.30am, I'm not sure if I would make it either:eek:

My feeling is that although the party is organised automatically once you get to that magic 25 number, it is really what you make of it once you get aboard. As Wolfganghowell and Ross have said, it is good if you get a particularly chatty and friendly roll call to organise something for sailaway, so you get to meet the "serious" crowd beforehand. We've done this and enjoyed meeting old friends for the first time before the Connections Party even kicks in.

I have a feeling for those groups that don't reach the magic number, they may organise themselves and probably have a better time of it than some of the official parties anyway.

Phil

We were on the 1/28 sailing of the Connie and ours was at 10:30am.

People on this board said we should plan one on our own, and if I knew that it was going to be so early in the morning, I would have.

So, whether or not X listens (hint hint), people should start planning an informal one themselves. Just a time and a place is all you need.

Afterall, what good are pins and nametags, if no one shows up.

she who must be obeyed (my lovely wife) must get up ofly early to be ready for this

It's good to see another Rumpole fan!

If they hold the party on a sea day, we'll go; and we'll have an unofficial party too. Is there time for an informal get together after the lifeboat drill, but before early dinner, if sailaway is at 4:30 p.m.?

On one of our CC sailaways, one couple brought bubbles for the group. It was a fun touch and it attracted a lot of attention from people around us who loved the festive atmosphere. I really enjoy the sailaway get togethers as it gives you a jump on meeting people that you might enjoy socializing with on the cruise - whether it is going on excursions together or meeting for a pre dinner drink.

we have always gone but YES it can be a bit too early

We also always have a sail away get together with the CCers

i dont Have to drink but i always thought it would be more "comfortable" to have it later and have adult beverages offered

Ours on the Infinity a couple of weeks ago was at 10:30 a.m. I actually liked that time. They served coffee, tea and danish, cookies and muffins. I prefer that it not cut into the middle of the day and in the evenings, things get busy.

We missed ours on the Mercury in Dec.-- it was the second day of the cruise (first a.m. after boarding) @ 0930- we didn't even SEE the invitation until it was over. Crashed early the night before (after pre-cruise excitement) didn't think to look for "mail" on our door early in the a.m. I realize there are lots of early risers- but many of us also enjoy sleeping in on our vacation as well.

We did have a sailaway party as well so all was not lost. However I'm afraid if CCL keeps having these at rather inconvenient times then the attendance will suffer...then the CC party will be gone. Hmm...could this be their plan?

I realize there is no time that's perfect for everyone- but really, 0930 on the first day of the cruise??? Jeez, it was a sea day-- they should have done it in the afternoon IMHO.

I made it and introduced myself, but DH was sleeping in.

It was a little akward because people were extending cocktail invitations to me and I had to answer for me and DH.

I think that they shoud have it at night, and with drinks (free or not, who cares, and have more fun activities. )

We actually had more fun with our roll call party on the aft bar after muster. We all had had our sail away champagne or martini or club soda, so we were happy camper, ready to meet and mingle. Not hungover sleepy heads.

ah oh dont be mad

here is my complaint with the cruise critic party

they seem to have it to early in the morning some of us like to sleep in

i missed the last one because it was at 9 30 in the morning

any others like us

I haven't made one yet! LOL

Does anyone think that a cruise critic party can turn out to be like a blind date that was disappointing? For example, if someone talks incessantly, without giving others an opportunity to interject their thoughts into the conversation, that personality trait would not be apparent during a roll call on a message board.

A morning party with coffee and rolls is more affordable for the cruise line to host than to offer ADULT beverages. I don't see that ever happening. We had one Celebrity party in the afternoon, but most times, it's in the AM. No problem for me, we're the early birds. I think the cost factor, use of the room, time for the host, all dictate the early time. We sail lots on Princess and they don't do anything for Cruise Critic.

Does anyone think that a cruise critic party can turn out to be like a blind date that was disappointing? For example, if someone talks incessantly, without giving others an opportunity to interject their thoughts into the conversation, that personality trait would not be apparent during a roll call on a message board.

This possibility would not prevent me from attending a cruise critic party, but it would make me reluctant to make plans to dine together every night during a cruise or book shore excursions with people I only know by font.

Oh, yes...unfortunately.:eek: We made a table for dinner with others in the roll call for a previous cruise. Thought it would be fun. Seemd like nice people. :confused: Disaster!:( And what are you going to do?

the best CC party I've been too is the one that we didn't have cause our last cruise was only 6 days and they do not have an "Official" party on a cruise under 7 days.

Greatest bunch of cruisers that ever met. Did it from meeting here in the roll call's and filling the Martini bar the first day prior to dinner.

That being said I've never had one earlier than 11 Am.

Hi,:) I know I have attended parties and they began at 11am first

sea day.

I do agree 9:30 is a bit early. I am up but in my opinion it is early.

11am (again in my opinion) seems like an excellent time.

2 of the biggest I have been to were on Summit back in October

and in Dec 2004 on Constellation.

They were both in the 11:00 range and were well attended.

Summit was really good as John Howell was there:) and I think

we had about 40 people show up.

Some of my other roll calls didn't even have 25 to make an

"Official Gathering".

We did meet on our own.......some of us became friendly, some said

hello passing, etc.

dmk, sorry about that happening with the folks you thought

you would become friends with....I know of that happening too,

though we didn't eat together.

It can probably be a very uncomfortable experience.

Thanks Lois!

The strange thing is if these had been "complete" strangers we would have asked to move to another table. But you kind of feel awkward to do that...as if you knew each other before.

We have acruise coming up during March. Eventhough I read the Roll Call thread, I have not been on it. They all seem very nice...and are making plans for many parties and are organizing tours together. I have signed up for the Connections Party and will meet everyone then. I just don't want to make any pre-arrangements and then feel an obligation.

I really love meeting new people. That is what a lot of the cruise is about for me. Yet, once bitten twice shy.

Does this make sense to you?

dmk, yes it makes sense....though I still enjoy chatting on my

roll calls.

May I ask what cruise is next for you? Or do you prefer to not

post it on here?

adult beverage would make it more fun

hense my name moorefun

Agree with quote. I am Moore Family from Pittsburgh!, Mother's side.

There is never a bad time to celebrate on a cruise.

regards,

Charles

The last two Cruise Critic parties that we attended were held at 11:30am. I thought that this was a good time, because it didn't interfere with our morning activities. It just meant we ate lunch a little later.

I had to ask the room attendant for our invitation, though, on the last cruise. I don't think we would have gotten the invitation before the party otherwise. Good thing the times were posted here on the forum before the cruise!

Archived