B2B Allure OTS To The Ruby Princess

Raxter54

We've just done something we've never done before - we've booked a back-to-back 🙂 After the Allure docksin Galveston on Feb 19 ,we are heading down the street to board the Ruby Princess for another week. I was wondering if Princess does anything for people doing a B2B, such as allow early boarding, allowing us in the terminal while we wait to board, etc?

22 minutes ago, Raxter54 said:
We've just done something we've never done before - we've booked a back-to-back 🙂 After the Allure docksin Galveston on Feb 19 ,we are heading down the street to board the Ruby Princess for another week. I was wondering if Princess does anything for people doing a B2B, such as allow early boarding, allowing us in the terminal while we wait to board, etc?

Since you’re not doing a Princess back to back,  you will be just another passenger waiting to embark.  You will not be given early boarding and I’m not sure if you would even be allowed in the terminal.  If I were you, I would take the opportunity to have a nice leisurely breakfast at a decent nearby restaurant and maybe some shopping.  Enjoy your Ruby cruise!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Lady Arwen said:

Since you’re not doing a Princess back to back,  you will be just another passenger waiting to embark.  You will not be given early boarding and I’m not sure if you would even be allowed in the terminal.  If I were you, I would take the opportunity to have a nice leisurely breakfast at a decent nearby restaurant and maybe some shopping.  Enjoy your Ruby cruise!

Perfect answer!

• Like 2

IF...you want to board the Ruby "early/10:30" you will need to pick an arrival time on the Medallion Class App.  Mine recently opened 59 days before my cruise.  It's been all over the place so can't say when your boarding times will open.

You could stay on the Allure and be a late check out (I'm guessing...9:30 AM).  

No one knows for sure what the embarkation procedure will be like since the Ruby isn't even there yet.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Raxter54 said:

Just fyi, you have booked a “side by side.”

• Like 3

1 hour ago, EllieinNJ said:

If covid testing is still required, how will you test for the second cruise on the Ruby?

Good question. If you can't arrange for a test on the dock I suggest you get one the Internet proctored tests. Optum is one.

Since the cruise isn't until February, pretty much wait and see and then decide what is needed in early January.

Edited by beg3yrs
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, beg3yrs said:

Good question. If you can't arrange for a test on the dock I suggest you get one the Internet proctored tests. Optum is one.

Since the cruise isn't until February, pretty much wait and see and then decide what is needed in early January.

Tru dat. Will probably wait until January to see what the requirements are. The Optum option will probably be our best choice...

5 hours ago, Raxter54 said:

Side by side, back to back, the terminology doesn't bother me. But thanks for your input 🙂

The terminology does come into play.  A B2B is on the same ship and a S2S is on different ships.

Stay on the Allure and enjoy a leisurely breakfast till they kick you off about 930. By the time you clear customs and wait in the taxi line it'll be around 1045 when you get to the Ruby, just in time for your 1100 check in, assuming that's the time you choose on the app.

• Thanks 1