Port of Miami NCL Parking at the Cruise Terminal

Chesneygirl

I have a few questions about parking at the Port of Miami. Not sure if this makes a difference or not but we will be staying in the Haven.

1. Is the parking covered?

2. Do we need to reserve a spot ahead of time?

3. If no reservation, do we need to get there early? Is there a chance the garage will get sold out?

4. Can we drop off our luggage and then go park?

Just looking to hear from those of you with some experience with parking directly at the cruise terminal.

Thanks! 

The port parking is in a covered, multi level garage. No reservations needed, we last sailed out of Miami at Christmas and there was plenty of parking. It may be too congested to drop your luggage during busy times, but you may be able to manage it during a less crowded time.

13 minutes ago, Mandalay5 said:

The port parking is in a covered, multi level garage. No reservations needed, we last sailed out of Miami at Christmas and there was plenty of parking. It may be too congested to drop your luggage during busy times, but you may be able to manage it during a less crowded time.

Thanks for the info.  Is it pretty self explanatory once we get there? Does NCL have their own garage or is it shared with the other cruise lines? 

4 minutes ago, Chesneygirl said:

Thanks for the info.  Is it pretty self explanatory once we get there? Does NCL have their own garage or is it shared with the other cruise lines? 

Very easy to navigate.  Here is a port map that you can zoom in on.

https://www.miamidade.gov/portmiami/images/portmiami-map-2.jpg

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Chesneygirl said:

Definitely easy to navigate, there are signs to direct you to each cruise line’s terminal and the new NCL building is hard to miss!

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, 2cat4garden said:

Thank you. I'll do that.  I presume you felt safe and security seemed ok there?  Appreciate the suggestion.

Oh, yes. Its fine. Like I said...you park your own car. Keep your keys. Its in a parking garage downtown. About 10 min away. All they really do is shuttle you to/from port.

21 minutes ago, FlGoodShips said:

Oh, yes. Its fine. Like I said...you park your own car. Keep your keys. Its in a parking garage downtown. About 10 min away. All they really do is shuttle you to/from port.

The reviews on Google are horrible with complaints about too few vans to transfer people back and forth...that was not your experience?

3 hours ago, 2cat4garden said:

The reviews on Google are horrible with complaints about too few vans to transfer people back and forth...that was not your experience?

Our experiences have been fine. We don't cruise during busy season, spring or summer or holidays. Maybe its worse then. We only waited 15 min coming and going.

I'm sure there are other parking services if you want to check them out.

Enjoy your cruise.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, jancl57 said:

Does the parking at the cruise port only accept cash?  I understand some parking lots/garages only accept cash.  We just want to be prepared.

Thanks!

Click on the link to the parking lot site provided in post number 6.  🙂

1 hour ago, jancl57 said:

Does the parking at the cruise port only accept cash?  I understand some parking lots/garages only accept cash.  We just want to be prepared.

Thanks!

Check out this. Just google:

Cruzely port of miami cruise parking. It has all the info about port parking, other parking garages, hotel parking. Its an excellent source of info.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, FlGoodShips said:

Check out this. Just google:

Cruzely port of miami cruise parking. It has all the info about port parking, other parking garages, hotel parking. Its an excellent source of info.

Just 1 day late but thank you so much.  Booked a motel yesterday but still have to book parking.