"Ask Paul Ludlow"

Britboys

I see that one of the big cruise agents a number of us use is doing an "Ask Paul Ludlow" event through their you-know-what page. Sorely tempted to ask "Isn't it time you moved on"...😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

6 minutes ago, Megabear2 said:

I'd like to ask him what price loyalty! Just seen my Christmas cruise £900 less plus £780obc and told nothing can be done.

One of the questions someone has posted is "when are you going to bring in a price promise"....

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Britboys said:

I see that one of the big cruise agents a number of us use is doing an "Ask Paul Ludlow" event through their you-know-what page. Sorely tempted to ask "Isn't it time you moved on"...😂

I bet he cancels this and moves it to another t/a site. For operational reasons.

• Like 2
  • Haha 15

17 hours ago, Megabear2 said:

I'd like to ask him what price loyalty! Just seen my Christmas cruise £900 less plus £780obc and told nothing can be done.

Same here, cruise I am on was half price I paid a couple of weeks ago! Ship still only half full though. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Fionboard said:

Same here, cruise I am on was half price I paid a couple of weeks ago! Ship still only half full though. 

Hope you are enjoying it. Cost not a problem if it hopefully lives up to your expectations. 

You would hope that the questions asked are rather more hard hitting than some of those posted on the TA media page.

But, given that the interview will be printed in the TA's magazine, I think we can be pretty confident that  hard hitting questions such as lack of compensation for massive price drops, will be conspicuous by their absence !

Just a puff piece full of platitudes is my guess.

• Like 2

Once did a Meet the Manager live on a station.  We all told them we thought quiet carriages were a good idea.  The manager nodded and wrote it down.  The next week they announced televisions on trains would be introduced in every carriage carrying live tv and advertisements.  Certainly another "We're listening experience".

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Camberley said:

Surely he'll just get Gary Barlow to take his place and answer in the medium of song. I mean, they're fairly interchangeable 

Indeed. Not to mention their names have the same amount of letters and syllables, and they both end in LOW, which is the same as the chances of completing the itinerary as booked. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

A fair range of comments and questions have been posted including about:

Single supplements

More varied itineraries

Cut-backs 

Drinks Packages

The on-board 'App' 

Daytime events 

More choice of airports for Scottish pax 

Iona suitability for the Fjords 

Speciality Restaurants 

Vaccination Rules

Ballroom Dancing facilities 

IT and phone problems

Some, I - and all of you could answer like "Is P&O moving away from smaller and Adult-Only ships to large family ships" - err, yeah! and "Are there any plans to build a smaller adults only ship" - err, no!

I have posted a question about when they will reinstate evening cabin service.

It will be interesting to see his responses but I guess they will be all the usual non-answers couched in marketing-speak.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Britboys said:

A fair range of comments and questions have been posted including about:

Single supplements

More varied itineraries

Cut-backs 

Drinks Packages

The on-board 'App' 

Daytime events 

More choice of airports for Scottish pax 

Iona suitability for the Fjords 

Speciality Restaurants 

Vaccination Rules

Ballroom Dancing facilities 

IT and phone problems

Some, I - and all of you could answer like "Is P&O moving away from smaller and Adult-Only ships to large family ships" - err, yeah! and "Are there any plans to build a smaller adults only ship" - err, no!

I have posted a question about when they will reinstate evening cabin service.

It will be interesting to see his responses but I guess they will be all the usual non-answers couched in marketing-speak.

Given that the Q&A is being done by the largest booker of P&O cruises in the country, I think we can assume that nothing of substance will be asked,  or answered. 

The TA will certainly not want to ask any questions that imply that it is now better to book later rather than at launch.

• Like 1