Jim_Iain - Summit Live Post B3B Greenland / Iceland / Canada Aug 7, 19 and 31, 2022

Jim_Iain

10 hours ago, calicakes said:

Iceland had the first openly gay Prime Minister. Jóhanna Sigurdardóttir,  the first openly LGBT person to head a national government

Iceland has gendered surnames (father’s name with sson or dottir). A few, maybe several(?) years ago they made it easy for trans people to legally change their surnames. 

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Oceansaway17 said:

gorgeous photo and again may I say would make a nice photo for a WALL.  If'n ya had the room.

BTW that photo a couple pages back with Kale just looked like an oily mess.  How did it taste?

Lol.  I said to iain it looks terrible.  He said. “ it’s rustic”.  May not look good but delicious 

8 hours ago, GeorgiaPeach51 said:

I have just caught up, I think, with this wonderful thread and made all the additions to the book list.  If you see someone suggest a book and not tag me please do as Dani did and give me a heads up so I don’t miss it.  

@Jim_Iain Jim, good thought that if I posted it as a thread of its own the moderator might take it down or move it.  Puzzled as to what is the best thing to do.

@TeeRick  Absolutely no apologies needed!  I totally understood your viewpoint in your post and was not offended in the least!  Glad for you to join in all the book lovers out there.  One of the worst feelings in the world for those of us who love to read is to come to the end of the very last book in a wonderful series and have no idea what to read next.....hence, the list!  

I’ll share it again in a few days.

Joanie

Keep it going.   I often point people to the list.   I love how eclectic it is. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, GeorgiaPeach51 said:

One of the worst feelings in the world for those of us who love to read is to come to the end of the very last book in a wonderful series and have no idea what to read next.....hence, the list! 

So very true, I remember back in the distant past when email had barely been invented, having a wonderful exchange of messages with Raymond E. Feist, when I had read everything he had written so far, and he graciously apologised for not writing quicker, but promised to do his best 🙂

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, takemewithyou said:

I wonder who the CD will be when Rich leaves.

Does anyone know if Alejandro is still a CD with X?
I think years ago he used to be on Summit. 

Alejandro is currently on the Apex.  We were with him on the Millennium in June, then he had a short break, and is on the Apex now.  

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, wendyam76 said:

Alejandro is CD on Beyond at present.

Jim, thank you for an amazing report as always!

Wendy

OH, I was pretty sure he was on the Apex with Flori.....I follow him on Instagram, "cruisedirectoralejandro".  But I could be wrong, of course!

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, lexmiller said:

OH, I was pretty sure he was on the Apex with Flori.....I follow him on Instagram, "cruisedirectoralejandro".  But I could be wrong, of course!

Oh my goodness, I am so sorry he is on Apex - I was getting mixed up as that is the next E class ship I’m on. How stupid of me - sorry! 
Wendy

• Like 1

11 hours ago, GeorgiaPeach51 said:

I have just caught up, I think, with this wonderful thread and made all the additions to the book list.  If you see someone suggest a book and not tag me please do as Dani did and give me a heads up so I don’t miss it.  

@Jim_Iain Jim, good thought that if I posted it as a thread of its own the moderator might take it down or move it.  Puzzled as to what is the best thing to do.

@TeeRick  Absolutely no apologies needed!  I totally understood your viewpoint in your post and was not offended in the least!  Glad for you to join in all the book lovers out there.  One of the worst feelings in the world for those of us who love to read is to come to the end of the very last book in a wonderful series and have no idea what to read next.....hence, the list!  

I’ll share it again in a few days.

Joanie

There are great books and series by British author Ken Follet.   Pillars of the Earth series.  Eye of the Needle.  Century trilogy.  Some have been made into films.  Highly recommend.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, IsItTimeToCruiseYet? said:

Hi  Jim_lain:

What a fabulous vacation that you are having!!  Thank you very much for your detailed reports and pictures!  You just gave me some ideas for a future B3B cruise.

If you have time, could you please take pictures of the Martini Bar drink menu.

Many thanks and have an amazing trip!!!

Will do.  If not today.  Soon.  

We have to pack up some tonight.  We have 3 different rooms.  

Apollo, our room attendant, took me to meet Nelson our new room attendant.  Really nice man from Jamaica 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, lexmiller said:

Alejandro is currently on the Apex.  We were with him on the Millennium in June, then he had a short break, and is on the Apex now.  

Our cruise director on the Azamara Pursuit in June left after our cruise to go to the Millennium, which is the third ship we’d cruised on with Alejandro. 

He is from SoCall, and we  got to talking about musical theater. It turns out we have seen him perform at our local dinner theater and in a national touring company at the Pantages in LA. 

This great big, beautiful world of ours sure is small sometimes! 

• Like 1