Jim_Iain - Summit Live Post B3B Greenland / Iceland / Canada Aug 7, 19 and 31, 2022

Jim_Iain

11 hours ago, colliercruiser said:

What deck is your CS?  We have a deck 7 CS on our B2B Summit cruises in October.

We are on Deck 6 - 6106 - aft facing.   Originally i had the one on 9th floor but someone canceled and i grabbed it and put on hold until my agent could swap cabins.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, AstoriaPreppy said:

I'm willing to bet that the insane service cuts/price gouging happening at post-pandemic Disney theme parks will end up being a Harvard Business School case study in 10-15 years. 

History nerd here, and I'm pretty sure Queen Victoria/Prince Albert never set foot in Canada. I think your driver meant the Duke of Kent, Queen Victoria's father. He lived in Kent House in downtown Quebec City (now the French consulate), and had a summer home by Montmorency Falls.

Your are correct about the house at the top of of the falls was built by Duke of Kent in 1809.  It served as the French Consulate from 1980-2015.  

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, capsplace said:

Jim…do you guys ever stay home!   lolololol!  😘

Kinda looking forward to getting home.    The heat spell in northern California will probably be there for our return.   Oh well --- I guess I can turn on the air conditioner remotely before we arrive.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, goofysmom99 said:

Good move (wifi in 9096 was abysmal; 6106 was fine).

Wifi has been great in 1606.    We have a router in our ceiling just above the refrigerator 

The connection is good but doesn't help when the ship looses connectivity.

Earlier it was accurately reported that the soft serve machine was broken. I’m happy to report that as of right now it is working and the soft serve is quite good. My husband is very happy to have his beloved soft serve.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

We learned something of interest at lunch.  Abdul, the food and beverage manager, said they sourced the lobster on this cruise from the east coast and it’s Canadian Lobster.   We had it for lunch today and was both tender and sweet. 

Edited by Jim_Iain
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

We learned something of interest at lunch.  Abdul, the food and beverage manager, said they sourced the lobster on this cruise from the east coast and it’s Canadian Lobster.   We had it for lunch today and was both tender and sweet. 

Did you have the lobster for lunch at the Zenith luncheon?  If so, how was it prepared?

14 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

We did get to the falls... We of course climbed up and down.

Those stairs! Kudos to you! We did the zipline-don’t want to take over your thread by posting the video. They have a very strict weight restriction, usually 220 lbs but as there was a breeze that day, September 5, limit was 200 lbs-so my husband who’d been so diligent with his weight the past month, wasn’t able to do it😭😭.  There were two other men while we were there, who were refused as they were only 2 lbs over-very strict. 

13 hours ago, Orsino said:

Earlier it was accurately reported that the soft serve machine was broken. I’m happy to report that as of right now it is working and the soft serve is quite good. My husband is very happy to have his beloved soft serve.

I heard that.  Haven’t been up yet. 

Could you use a bottle of Chardonnay.  I have extras.   Send email with room number and I will drop off. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, takemewithyou said:

Did you have the lobster for lunch at the Zenith luncheon?  If so, how was it prepared?

The had two tails served atop a crepe with a corn salsa.    I didn’t test the salsa or crepe as I thought it took away from the sweet taste of the lobster.  

613B851C-C228-4050-B0C8-BA6CA931A344.jpeg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, lexmiller said:

Those stairs! Kudos to you! We did the zipline-don’t want to take over your thread by posting the video. They have a very strict weight restriction, usually 220 lbs but as there was a breeze that day, September 5, limit was 200 lbs-so my husband who’d been so diligent with his weight the past month, wasn’t able to do it😭😭.  There were two other men while we were there, who were refused as they were only 2 lbs over-very strict. 

Wouldn’t have been a problem as I weigh 173.  

I bet it would be a real adrenaline rush. 

• Like 2