Question about Internet package

If I purchase the surf package for one device, can I read a kindle book from my app that is already downloaded while my husband surfs? I would not be on the net, just reading an already downloaded book.

Thanks for any info,

Marg

3 minutes ago, maggie416 said:

If I purchase the surf package for one device, can I read a kindle book from my app that is already downloaded while my husband surfs? I would not be on the net, just reading an already downloaded book.

Thanks for any info,

Marg

yes....same goes for any movies or tv shows you might download on a device.  As long as it's not connected to the wifi. 

4 minutes ago, slyster said:

yes....same goes for any movies or tv shows you might download on a device.  As long as it's not connected to the wifi. 

Thanks! So, that means my husband would be able to listen to his downloaded songs while I surf? Since we are on a back to back, trying to save money somewhere!

You got it!  I have music on my iphone that i listen to (downloaded).  My wife will be surfing on her iphone.  No problems.  Same with my ipad.  I'll watch movies I downloaded on netflix.  I can watch them while she streams.  I also bring a kindle with me with books already downloaded.  I won't need it for wifi access anyway.

I can't remember what happens if a second person tries to get on the wifi if you are already on it .  Does it deny access or boot the person off.  I would like to know that answer because we have 4 of us using the 3 device plan. 

24 minutes ago, slyster said:

I can't remember what happens if a second person tries to get on the wifi if you are already on it .  Does it deny access or boot the person off.  I would like to know that answer because we have 4 of us using the 3 device plan. 

If you exceed the number of people on wifi, the system will push a message that you have exceeded your limit and if you proceed you will bump one of the other users on your account off.

On 8/4/2022 at 5:18 PM, orville99 said:

If you exceed the number of people on wifi, the system will push a message that you have exceeded your limit and if you proceed you will bump one of the other users on your account off.

Does it just randomly bump one of the other users?  

As I mentioned before we have 3 device package for 4 of us.  My wife and I will have 2 of the devices and my brother and his husband want to share the third device. That's why I'm wondering if it will knock us off randomly.  Thank you!

1 hour ago, slyster said:

Does it just randomly bump one of the other users?  

As I mentioned before we have 3 device package for 4 of us.  My wife and I will have 2 of the devices and my brother and his husband want to share the third device. That's why I'm wondering if it will knock us off randomly.  Thank you!

Don't know which other user it bumps, but my guess is whichever one was active right before the one doing the bumping is the most logical one.

The best solution would be for your brother and his husband to make sure they log off as soon as they are done using the internet so they free up the last device for each other. DW and I used to do this all the time on a one device account that we shared to cut costs,

Edited by orville99
  • Like 1

I've never been successful in connecting a Kindle reader to the ship wifi - browser-based login.  So you may not be able to download content onboard.  Reading previously downloaded material works fine.

5 hours ago, slyster said:

I mentioned before we have 3 device package for 4 of us.  My wife and I will have 2 of the devices and my brother and his husband want to share the third device. That's why I'm wondering if it will knock us off randomly.  Thank you!

Check the cost to make it four devices.  We just did the Navigator and when I priced it the cost for the 4th device was about $2 extra per day.  There was a huge discount for each device I added.  You have to do it all on one reservation and not each one.  

3 hours ago, LeeW said:

I've never been successful in connecting a Kindle reader to the ship wifi - browser-based login.  So you may not be able to download content onboard.  Reading previously downloaded material works fine.

And Kindle tends to get wonkier and wonkier with every "upgrade".

@maggie416, I don't recall having problems downloading content on my Kindle before, but I've never tried more than once or twice (and on older Kindle versions). I usually prep up with at least 3-4 new downloads before the cruise, just to be sure I'm stocked with good reading for the duration.