Medallion Class Market

CineGraphic

58 minutes ago, AskOceanMedallion said:

We currently are beta-testing an exciting new enhancement for Princess guests. Several guests and travel advisors are participating in this preliminary phase. We look forward to sharing more details once the beta test concludes.

Next time, please send out the emails encouraging us to visit AFTER the site goes live.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, AskOceanMedallion said:

We currently are beta-testing an exciting new enhancement for Princess guests. Several guests and travel advisors are participating in this preliminary phase. We look forward to sharing more details once the beta test concludes.

Let’s spend the time working on the current App issues, BEFORE adding more

programs.  This is causing many to have issues with the website and the App. 

Princess is already overloaded with phone calls about cancelled cruises, new 2023/2024 cruises opened up.  And all the previous problems with Ship changes and the App not reflecting those. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

23 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

Let’s spend the time working on the current App issues, BEFORE adding more

programs.  This is causing many to have issues with the website and the App. 

It's as if they are throwing stuff against the wall, with hopes that something sticks and makes them some money.

This is nothing more than an affiliate referral program, where Princess is getting a commission on sales.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, CineGraphic said:

It's as if they are throwing stuff against the wall, with hopes that something sticks and makes them some money.

This is nothing more than an affiliate referral program, where Princess is getting a commission on sales.

No wonder so many are having problems today. It’s disruptive. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CineGraphic said:

@AskOceanMedallion

My day-rate for beta-testing is $750.00

Evaluation reports are $1200 each

Where should I send the bill?

What?

You were/weren't chosen?

How do you sign up?

Does going to the site and being told invalid count as Beta Testing?

Apple uses volunteers to Beta Test...of which you are asked to join.

Why would they release a Beta Test to the general public if only a few could access?  I don't understand.

On 8/7/2022 at 1:14 PM, CineGraphic said:

I just received another email.

This time they are shilling wine, calling it Medallion Class market, and not Market Place.

And once again, there is nothing to see on the linked site.

2011434409_ScreenShot2022-08-07at1_07_37PM.thumb.png.29801a8857fd258504d3495ce8ba5669.png

926990600_ScreenShot2022-08-07at1_11_11PM.thumb.png.eb881609c0fd10bc2b8bfa28ae9a8b03.png

I got that too. Still no idea how to log in. 

2 minutes ago, cr8tiv1 said:

What?

You were/weren't chosen?

How do you sign up?

Does going to the site and being told invalid count as Beta Testing?

Apple uses volunteers to Beta Test...of which you are asked to join.

Why would they release a Beta Test to the general public if only a few could access?  I don't understand.

I think he is joking! 🤣

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, PacnGoNow said:

I think he is joking! 🤣

I'm sure he was.  But the concern is still valid.  Thank you.  I have a very strange sense of humor, sometimes.

1 minute ago, cr8tiv1 said:

I'm sure he was.  But the concern is still valid.  Thank you.  I have a very strange sense of humor, sometimes.

Beta tests usually are only a select few in a group.
IDK how they were selected.  I just wish that IT team would concentrate on fixing the issues the guests are having with the App currently, before venturing off into new sideline programs.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, PacnGoNow said:

Beta tests usually are only a select few in a group.
IDK how they were selected.  I just wish that IT team would concentrate on fixing the issues the guests are having with the App currently, before venturing off into new sideline programs.  

I will admit my issues have been fixed (sort of).  SInce I've cruised post pandemic, all of my information is carried over.  I could even pick arrival time AND reserve suite first night dinner (a first for me after 4 fails).

The only issue I am having is using the Medallion Class app while on board.  But now I know there is a fix to that too.  They take "something" and add it to my home screen.  Works like a charm.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, cr8tiv1 said:

The only issue I am having is using the Medallion Class app while on board.  But now I know there is a fix to that too.  They take "something" and add it to my home screen.  Works like a charm.  

I hope they can do that for me on our next cruise, because the last cruise, the bloody Medallion App was worthless.  I was only able to order a drink via the App once and then the drink was never delivered.  So I had to get up from my lounge chair and walk about 5 miles uphill in the snow to the bar, and then walk another five miles uphill back to my lounge chair.  Or something like that.

The Medallion App staff was unable to do anything -- they muttered "Connectivity issues, we are working on it" to me every day.

13 hours ago, cr8tiv1 said:

You can put the "something" on the home screen yourself next time, if you'd like. Here's a screenshot to make it a bit easier to understand.

1560940983_savetohomescreenscreenshot.PNG.efb80fa63c1a4f6e47a133845ed0555e.PNG

Once you're onboard, access ship-name.princess.com to bring up Ocean Concierge. My screenshot is from the Grand Princess, but Grand can be replaced with whichever ship you're on fleetwide. After you've got that page open, use Share (icon should look something similar to the one in the bottom middle of my screenshot) to Add to Homescreen.

This is the process for Apple iPhones and iPads, so maybe someone else could weigh in with how to do it on Android.

HTH!

p.s. I absolutely agree that it is a MUCH better version of Journeyview!!!

Edited by kamelia
  • Thanks 2