*Is a Balcony a MUST for a Los Cabos Cruise?*

Dalton51

Traveled for many years in an inside cabin with an occasional upgrade to an OV. Since the cruise restart I have opted for balcony cabins. Not because I was unhappy with inside or OV, but because I was concerned about being quarantined in my cabin and wanted access to fresh air. Yes, I know that those testing positive are generally put into different isolation cabins, but on some lines it sounds like that is changing and still feel more comfortable with my own outside space away from the crowds. Would it be worth $1000? For me that is another cruise, I would need to think hard on it. Perhaps wait until closer to the cruise and the price may go down.

• Like 1

On 8/5/2022 at 3:03 PM, Dalton51 said:

Pretty much is a balcony a must for a Cabo cruise?  We can get a interior room for a 1000 cheaper. We have never been to Cabo but have been on 15 plus cruise to the Caribbean. We was wanting to go somewhere different and was looking at going this Oct. 

I would say not necessary. We had a balcony (on NCL Panama Trip in November) and didn't use it at all other than in the Canal -- and that was too hot and humid there! It was nice as a big window...

Over twenty years of cruising, I discovered that my husband does much better with daylight in the room. So no more insides! And like @vswan, I currently am booking only balconies due to COVID. Not only in case of quarantine, but just to be able to relax in our own space. But that's for you to decide.

54 minutes ago, TheSeagoer said:

Easy, read his questions

I had to go back and re read the questions thinking I missed something . Nope. It’s like a “ is cheers worth it?” .. to answer a subjective question like that you have to go by your experiences to give an opinion .  If someone just said Yes a balcony is a must ! Without explaining why wouldn’t be very helpful 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, pinto18 said:

I had to go back and re read the questions thinking I missed something . Nope. It’s like a “ is cheers worth it?” .. to answer a subjective question like that you have to go by your experiences to give an opinion .  If someone just said Yes a balcony is a must ! Without explaining why wouldn’t be very helpful 

Yes, or is talking about a very specific cruise. If you read the post, op has 15 under their belt.  You didn't read it

11 minutes ago, TheSeagoer said:

Yes, or is talking about a very specific cruise. If you read the post, op has 15 under their belt.  You didn't read it

Well I did read it and my answer was specifically about my experiences on that particular cruise 

• Like 2

I have read your question closely. The answer is no. Since you spend the majority of time out of your cabin, no. How many people look out a window in a hotel?  All you see is the ports and maybe the tip of baja .   You have been on enough cruises so you know. Enjoy it