Tendering in Bermuda

Brieanna817

It depends when the ship is scheduled to be at Bermuda. If there is more then 2 ships docked, then sadly carnival is the ship to be tendering

Look at the Bermuda cruise ship scheduled here: https://www.marineandports.bm/Documents/Shipping_schedules/2022 Cruise Ship Schedule.pdf

I am sailing on the Magic next week, looking at the scheduled the ship will be docking

• Like 1

1 hour ago, shof515 said:

It depends when the ship is scheduled to be at Bermuda. If there is more then 2 ships docked, then sadly carnival is the ship to be tendering

Look at the Bermuda cruise ship scheduled here: https://www.marineandports.bm/Documents/Shipping_schedules/2022 Cruise Ship Schedule.pdf

I am sailing on the Magic next week, looking at the scheduled the ship will be docking

The schedule shows none tendering the rest of the year. Carnival tendered twice. Pure disregard for passengers in my opinion. They should have done a different itinerary those weeks. Carnival does get the leftovers in Bermuda slots because they don't have a contract like NCL and RCI but that is no excuse to schedule in advance going to Bermuda on dates when they can't dock. 

Edited by Charles4515

The Royal Naval Dockyard only has room for two ships to dock at the same time. Bermuda normally only allows two ships to enter there country at the same time. They are very strict regarding tourist load during the season. I was unaware that any ships could tender there while two ships were docked there.

HAL regularly uses lifeboats to tender.

In fact, on the Vista inaugural sailings out of Trieste, we had a port change to Kotor.  A HAL ship was docked, but Vista was anchored quite a ways out.  The HAL ship sent a couple of lifeboats out to help with the tendering.  

I love Bermuda, but I'm not at all thrilled with the fact that we're stopping there on the Pride TA on 11/7.  The season is over.  We're only there from 8 until 4 which is barely enough time to get off the ship, walk over to the Frog and Onion, and have 2 or 3 Dark 'n Stormies let alone get out there and see Bermuda itself.  Oh, and we get to pay the $40 visitor's fee for that?  I'd rather have had another stop in the Caribbean (somewhere that we don't get on every typical Carnival sailing like, you know, Dominica, or St Lucia, or Antigua).

Sadly, The Beards did not ask my opinion before scheduling the port stops.

5 hours ago, NCTribeFan said:

I love Bermuda, but I'm not at all thrilled with the fact that we're stopping there on the Pride TA on 11/7.  The season is over.  We're only there from 8 until 4 which is barely enough time to get off the ship, walk over to the Frog and Onion, and have 2 or 3 Dark 'n Stormies let alone get out there and see Bermuda itself. 

There is plenty you can do from 8 until 4. We have been many times but a couple of times from 8-4. It does take a plan but it can be done. You have plenty of time to go to Hamilton if it is a weekday. Or to do a taxi tour.  I did a four hour taxi tour and saw a lot of Bermuda that I had not seen from public transportation and learned a great deal from the driver. It may be late in the season for the beach.

I have tendered on HAL to Half Moon Cay. They used the ship tenders. Some private islands have a couple of boats on their island for tendering.  Much better. When I took Veendam to Bermuda were were supposed to tender at St. George. Turned out to be a CF and they abandoned that. So they gave us a free one day transportation pass which we could use to get to St. George is we desired. 

Edited by Charles4515