Random question

Allograft

6 minutes ago, Allograft said:

Any ideas why Princess would use the picture of a crawfish boil https://www.princess.com/search-cruise/details/?voyageCode=N226&fareType=BESTFARE on the 7-Day Canada & New England itinerary where the cruise gets nowhere near the Gulf Coast and Louisiana?

Probably because the person who chose that photo doesn’t know the difference between crawfish and lobster.  I would never have questioned it until you pointed it out.  Sharp eyes!

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

I think Lady Arwen nailed it. I was getting ready to say that I'd try to answer this if you would try to answer why they serve(d) jambalaya on the train from Denali to Anchorage. It was really good, but we found it strange.

• Haha 2

22 hours ago, JimmyVWine said:

Global warming?  All the lobsters have moved north out of New England and have been replaced by southern crawdads??  

The alarmists had to rebrand and dump “global warming” after they got frozen out of their fastidious conclave a few years ago. 
Can’t make this stuff up.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Those are not crawfish but "chicken" or small (1-2 lb) lobsters, which are very common for New England Lobster and Clam Bakes. You can tell by comparing them to the length of the full ears of corn next to them. I live in Boston, by the way, and have been to many a Bake with lobsters that size. Nice and sweet. 👍🦞🤤

Edited by 5:00_Somewhere
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

On 8/9/2022 at 9:40 AM, 5:00_Somewhere said:

Those are not crawfish but "chicken" or small (1-2 lb) lobsters, which are very common for New England Lobster and Clam Bakes. You can tell by comparing them to the length of the full ears of corn next to them. I live in Boston, by the way, and have been to many a Bake with lobsters that size. Nice and sweet. 👍🦞🤤

Thanks for the tip. I gotta eat some of 'em

• Like 1

On 8/9/2022 at 6:40 AM, 5:00_Somewhere said:

Thanks for setting the record straight and not even having to resort to sarcasm to do it.  Refreshing CC post.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Princessfan20 said:

Thanks for setting the record straight and not even having to resort to sarcasm to do it.  Refreshing CC post.

Thanks, I try. Don't see the need for sarcasm ... most of the time. 😉 I have to say, as bad as it can get here on CC sometimes, the Facebook groups (for Princess and Celebrity) are absolutely brutal. The nastiness folks heap on one another is shocking sometimes, especially when you consider we could all very well be cruising together on the same ship at some point. 😬

And back on topic, hope you get to enjoy a good ol' fashioned New England Lobster back some day. 🦞

• Like 1

On 8/7/2022 at 12:12 PM, CineGraphic said:

Princess seems like such a Mickey Mouse operation since John Padgett took the helm.  😜

Seems that there are former long term employees (20+ years) that also blame the decline of the Princess brand on Jan Swartz.