Has anyone stayed at the Tampa Airport Marriott?

kelbell

Wondering if it's very noisy?  The plan will be to stay night before cruise, but we arrive

before 9am. Rent a car, sight see ect... Return car same day, Uber to port

next morning. Hotels near airport are roughly same price give or take $$.

Stayed there years ago and don't remember it being overly noisy...but it's an airport hotel. I would much more recommend the Marriott Water Street location...easy free less than 10 minute trolly ride to the port or you can even walk to the port.....and it's a much better location as well as a much nicer hotel.

Edited by bajathree

On 8/9/2022 at 7:45 AM, bajathree said:

Stayed there years ago and don't remember it being overly noisy...but it's an airport hotel. I would much more recommend the Marriott Water Street location...easy free less than 10 minute trolly ride to the port or you can even walk to the port.....and it's a much better location as well as a much nicer hotel.

FYI, the Water St. location is almost twice the price of the airport location.

Anyone have experience with the AC Hotel by Marriott Tampa Airport?

2 hours ago, LB_NJ said:

Would make sense as it's a much nicer hotel in a much more desirable location. 

Edited by bajathree

We are staying at the Sheraton just a bit farther down the road from the Marriott near the cruise port.  We stayed there this past February and really enjoyed both the hotel and the customer service we received. It is in the Marriott family and from a points standpoint is slightly less than the airport Marriott.  We are staying at the airport Marriott post cruise because we have a super early flight and I don't like worrying about traffic and transportation when I have an early flight.

There is a lot to see walking distance from the hotel and along the free trolley (about 2-3 blocks away), so we aren't renting a car on either end.   We will likely 3 times (airport to hotel, hotel to port, and port to airport/hotel).  I'm looking for transportation alternatives that may be less expensive but haven't found anything yet.

• Thanks 1

On 8/12/2022 at 9:43 AM, LB_NJ said:

Anyone have experience with the AC Hotel by Marriott Tampa Airport?

No, but I have heard the Renaissance by the airport is really nice and with a mall right out the back door.  We were looking at points, not $$, so I'm not sure how the prices compare.

Overall, AC is not one of my favorite choices when it comes to Marriott.  We mostly stay at Residence, Towneplace, Fairfield, and sometimes Courtyard and higher if we have the points or are celebrating something special.  I'm not sure where in that list AC would fall.  I've only stayed at one for work a couple of times.